SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A normal sleep schedule would be wonderful
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A normal sleep schedule would be wonderful Login/Join 
posted
Holy crap I think I need about a week of sleep to catch up from this week. Started Monday with a 6:30 start time so up at 5:30. Got to sleep around 9pm after a schedule change for a 4:00 start so up at 2:30. Repeat for Wednesday. Go to sleep around 8:30 because of sheer exhaustion for a 9am start today and with the weather left at 7. Now I have a 7am start today which means a 5am wake up as I have to pick up a coworker.
Monday’s start time has yet to be announced and I’m sure it will change throughout the week.

All of these sleep issues are brought to me by a client who hired us to do a significant amount of concrete repair but doesn’t want to hear or see it being performed.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you. We have a 2 week old son...

I forgot what true lack of sleep does to you.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Go to sleep at the same time regardless of when you have to be up. It's easier to adjust to waking up at weird times than it is to sleep at different times.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often only sleep (possibly due to years of police work) 4 to 6 hours a night. Then I find myself falling asleep in the late afternoon or early evening. Lately I have tried Melatonin and it helps me to sleep through the night.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My stupid department rotates eight hour shifts every 28 days. I only sleep 4-5 hours per day now no matter what shift.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Try Panama schedule with 4 weeks switch

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm usually up at 4-4:15 even if I'm off, and most nights that means I get 5 hours tops. But as I type this, I'm sitting at work after getting called back in to work another 6 hours on top of my 12.5 I already worked today, so by the time I get to bed in the morning I'll have been up about 26-27 hours.

Then gotta work regular schedule on Saturday and Sunday. Fun fun.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:

Congrats! Our first is 8 days old today! I’m learning this quickly!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to add a dog in the mix who likes to go out sometime during the night...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:

Congrats! Our first is 8 days old today! I’m learning this quickly!

My gosh, you guys! Congratulations! I’m not going to say you’ll get it all back (because you won’t, not for years, I’m at 5 yrs and still trying to catch up whenever and wherever I can), but isn’t it so worth it? I’ve never regretted a minute of staring down into my son’s drowsing face...

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Our rotation was 4 midnights, two off, four evenings, two off, four days, two off and back to mids.

Getting off on a Monday at 0800 and not having to be back until 1600 on Thursday was nice, but you paid for it by getting off at 1600 on Monday and having to be back by midnight on Wednesday.

Not surprisingly, 2 years after retiring guys would look 10 years younger.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My stupid department rotates eight hour shifts every 28 days. I only sleep 4-5 hours per day now no matter what shift.

7 day weeks, rotate backwards every week. I understand lack of sleep better than I would like.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post