SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The term 'Public Servant' ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The term 'Public Servant' ... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I really hate hearing that.

Shotgun Joe Biden has had his lips wrapped around the public teat for the last 40 years and has accomplished nothing of significance that I'm aware of.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute,old joe spreads hugs and kisses on lots of people,so lighten up on that old fool Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Heck, I still don't understand why people say 'democratic' instead of 'democrat' when referring to a candidate/convention/party. Confused

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Heck, I still don't understand why people say 'democratic' instead of 'democrat' when referring to a candidate/convention/party. Confused
Adjective vs. noun?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
They aren't always civil, either.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Adjective vs. noun?

Fair enough. Just thought of them as being Democrats instead of Democratics. Don't think I'll loose any sleep over it though.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I really hate hearing that.

Shotgun Joe Biden has had his lips wrapped around the public teat for the last 40 years and has accomplished nothing of significance that I'm aware of.

Joe is an Idiot Servant...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
For politicians like Joe - it means taking large servings from the public's trough.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple servant was the term in the 1950s.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never understood, why anyone who is a Senator wants to be President. Being a US Senator is like being a British crown prince. You don't really work much, you have a paid for staff at your beck and call, incredible perks, free junkets to vacation spots, free gym membership, free healthcare for life, private plane travel, great retirement benefits, many more benefits we don't even know about. Why trade that for all the responsibility of being President and half the media trying to convince the public every day that you are an asshole.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ego

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Joe is an Idiot Servant...

Big Grin I see what you did there!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way Biden will ever be elected is if he loses his power of speech. As long as he can still talk, he will continue to say one stupid thing after another.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I hear the term public servant, police and fire spring to mind, and the term to me is complimentary. It suggests selfless service.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
When I hear the term public servant, police and fire spring to mind, and the term to me is complimentary. It suggests selfless service.

That's why politicians use the term. They want you to think of them in that manner. Have you ever heard the term used by anyone about politicians, who wasn't a politician. Unlike the military, has anyone ever said to a politician, "thank you for your service"?

posted Hide Post
Yes, on each count.

It's politics; many here slather after trump like a god. Conversely, I sat in a hotel lobby with a coworker one day, his new MAGA hat carefully shaped and in place, as he declared that anyone who disagrees with trump should be tried for treason and put to death. One politician is a hero, and anyone who disagrees should die. Politics is like that.

The favorite politician is often lauded for his service, while the one who isn't as popular is derided, ridiculed, and threatened. Even in a land based on freedom of speech and the concept of free election.

I think we live in a world of too much millennial "likes." Whether one who holds office is a civil servant or not is determined by the number of "likes," and by the number of times they have been told "thank you for your service?"

The public is fickle. So many years ago, service members were spit upon. Today it's chic to say "thank you for your service," though most of those doing the saying don't know what they're saying, just like it's chic to say "gawd bluss 'merika," though most of those chanting it couldn't tell you how many stars are on the flag or the birthdate of the nation. Likes don't really mean shit.

There are good politicians and bad politicians, but few who rise far in politics are particularly savory characters, and most have sold their souls to various interests to get there. Politics are won on the basis of likes, which is really a piss poor reason to elect anyone to an office of responsibility.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people voting in large numbers.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's unfortunate, as politicians should be "public servants." Some of the local folk here in Florida fit the bill. I will put up Betsy Vanderley, the District 1 Commissioner for Orange County. She holds extensive public meetings on issues, holds office hours to meet constituents, returns phone calls and emails, explains her votes and her reasoning, and has no further political ambition. Her father was mayor of the small town of Oakland, for which he received nominal pay, and she is keeping up the family tradition.

Even when I disagree with Betsy, I understand why she voted why she did, and I respect her for it. She is consistent, and appears to be honest.

I can say similar things about Dan Webster, the federal Representative from the Tavares area. Dan hired his staff, bough his office supplies, and tried to turn his excess budget back to the Congressional office that provides the members with their annual office budgets. They didn't have a mechanism to take the money back, because no one had ever tried before. They always found a way to spend everything. Dan's not that kind of guy. He owns a small air conditioning business and understands what small businesses go through and how government affects them.

We need politicians to serve the people and the nation, and we should support the good ones when we find them.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs. You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

Roy L. Fuchs

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
IMO, it’s a useful term. When I hear a politician describe himself as a public servant I immediately know he/she is a pig eating at the tax payers trough.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post