SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who talk through TV shows and movies...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who talk through TV shows and movies... Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
My wife!!!!!! Argh!!!!!

Then she'll ask......"What did they say?"

My retort.........."I don't know.....I couldn't hear!!"

You’re not the only one experiencing that. I guess at that moment they expect you to tune them out & listen to the dialogue.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
My wife!!!!!! Argh!!!!!

Then she'll ask......"What did they say?"

My retort.........."I don't know.....I couldn't hear!!"

I have used THAT one on my wife several times when it was just she and I watching something. She CANNOT seem to watch a show without her iPhone in her hand playing some game... or just simply yakking during the dialog. I've lost track of the times when she has asked "What did they say?" or "What just happened?"

My response, depending upon whether she is talking or playing a game is normally... "I don't know, I couldn't hear it." or "If you had been watching instead of playing games, you would know." The latter response always elicits a smart-aleck response, but VERY rarely will I back the show up so she can see what happened, much less tell her as I'll then miss what's happening during the explanation!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I’m right there with ya. My wife will try to talk to me, make random comments, have a conversation with the damn cat (!) while I’m watching a show or movie. I’ve tried to gently correct her, passive-aggressively be a dick about it, even outright argue with her...she doesn’t learn.

And now that I’m teleworking and she works half-days, it’s more frequently occurring. If only I didn’t love her so much...

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I hit pause.

When they stop long enough to ask what's wrong, I let them know I'm just waiting for them to finish their conversation.

I get called a few choice names but, the talking stops. Wink

Did this twice yesterday

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Family comes before any tv show.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We solved that with the DVR. She has the button, and stops to rave, um, er, comment. A one hour show now lasts 2 1/4 hours, but I get to see it now.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Family comes before any tv show.

Nobody here is saying the opposite. It's about time, place, and context.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I don't watch anything I really care about until after they go to bed. My son will start talking, asking questions, my wife will start the dishes or talking on the phone which for some reason can never be done in another room or a normal voice volume. I give up. After they go to bed I'll go to my office and watch in peace

Or when my parents visit... My mom is freaking deaf but refuses to admit it. So she watches at 300 decibels and then asks "what did he say?" 10000 times

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post