SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Aging and the stuff that goes on, that no one wants to talk about because there's nothing you can do about it, anyway
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aging and the stuff that goes on, that no one wants to talk about because there's nothing you can do about it, anyway Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I was a little worried bendable wanted to be more specific about "stuff that goes on, that no one wants to talk about"...

I just talking about the small stuff that they all say not to sweat.

I swear if Bonnie goes before I do , I am just going to take the mirror off the wall .

no need for any concerns.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no need for any concerns,

there is an unwritten understanding , when some of us get together,
health issues and concerns are off the table.

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Never start a conversation with, "Have you thought about plastic surgery?"

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just talking about the small stuff that they all say not to sweat.

I swear if Bonnie goes before I do , I am just going to take the mirror off the wall .

no need for any concerns.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You feel comfortable giving an update on Bonnie? I last remember your saying that they were looking at a defibrilator for her.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking.

They switched her meds three times,
She has to wear a defib vest and monitor ,
She feels fifty percent better, good attitude, more energy, ,
no heart racing,
60% better breathing,

At last cardi appt. Her heart was between 9 and 13% stronger, than two weeks ago
( I wept with the great news)

She got down to get basement sewing room with her friends for 8 hours
Of " work" Smile

Am very proud of her for pacing herself ,taking time to gradually rehab.

Has trouble falling asleep at bed time, lays there for 90 min. or more now

We are very careful about public appearances,

You can't tell me that a few well placed prayers won't work.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ok. I'm in for the prayers. But you've got to do the vigorous sex. That'll help too. Or so I'm told...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I got a kick out of that earlier post about the kid that said..."you don't care". That is so true. Half of my family when they see me and ask "how are you doing" could care less. They know it's just what you are supposed to say.

My general response to that question is usually along the lines of... "I woke up alive so I'm doing pretty darn good".

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable Thanks for the update. Great news. Hope the improvement continues!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Standard retort here is "Fair to middlin'!" or "Hangin' in there!" which seem to adequately cover all the bases.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
"I never planned on getting old, but it just happened. And it'll happen to you too, if you're lucky" Andy Rooney

You remember Andy Rooney, right?

My long departed uncle used to say to me "you'll be old too … if you live long enough." Razz

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine, probably in late sixties, wheelchair bound from a sledding accident 20+ years ago, one arm works, one sort of, walks with great difficulty.

“How ya doin’ Charlie?”

His response, with a big smile - “BETTER EVERY DAY!”

He has the right attitude. I hope it’s catching.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
My dad’s standard response was: “can’t complain, nobody listens anyway”.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm here" is my response and has been for years.
Some days it comes out a bit rougher but that's about all I say.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i tell em "every day above ground is a good day! "

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
My standard response Is: "Pretty good for a Monday," regardless of what day of the week. If they are paying attention they will make some comment about it being another day of the week, say Wednesday, and I respond, Yeah, third Monday this week or whatever number to get to that day. Almost always gets a positive response and we move on.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wonderful father is 85 years young and I go see him or talk to him at least every two weeks...I loved his latest comment to me when I asked him how he was doing - He said - Doing great because I still get to look down at the growing flowers rather than up at their roots.....He finds humor and happiness everyday in life rather than complaining about the things he knows others really do not want to hear about.....

I remember Coach Lou Holtz once commented that 85% of the people do not want to hear about your problems and the other 15% do want to hear so they know that someone else has problems worse than they do.....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
A friend asked the other day and I told him "better than terrible". He said that was the first time he ever heard that.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I was a little worried bendable wanted to be more specific about "stuff that goes on, that no one wants to talk about"...

Two words for ya. Blue Diamonds. You’ll be back to putting it in her hair in no time Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'll usually try and keep my health stuff close to the vest, there are just so many others whose needs are greater than mine and their stories should be heard. I will talk about some of my stuff if it may identify with the OP's question or statement, and I have something that I can constructively add, or help in a small way.

Otherwise a kinda standard reply is "Cautiously Optimistic!)

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post