SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    rampant rudeness in coralville today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rampant rudeness in coralville today Login/Join 
posted
Not a good day to be out and about I guess.

1. Just as the breakfast food arrived at the Village Inn ,some 40 y.o. guy walks through the dining area shouting in too his cell phone ,

And four tables away we can hear the other caller replying. they are shouting at each other about how much forming lumber to bring to lay a concrete pad.

I addressed this appalling , disgraceful display and he stormed out before ordering.

B.
Decided to take a leak at the Costco, prior to shopping ,

Went to the disabled people stall to find a perfectly able 24 y.o guy standing up

and whizzing with the seat down,

he had to pass four empty urinals to get there. and he left w/o flushing or washing his hands or wiping off the seat.

So I followed him out , to the check outline where he met his gal friend ,

stood 12 feet away and let the whole line and his gal friend know of his actions , finishing with "inconsiderate bastard"

went straight home for fear of wanting to find a
fresh cake pan full of brownies

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Good for you, calling out the inconsiderate oafs.

If more people spoke up, as you did, it just might make a difference.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Ballsy.

I often wish I could do stuff like that. Just worry about getting shot or attacked in some form or fashion.

I wonder if you said something like that - then they attack - then you shoot; is that provoked and therefore not self defense ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just remember that area, I. C. and surrounding, is a nuclear free zone.
Measured responses only!

BTW, good for you! Big Grin

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess my flip pone has a camera , I should have taken a picture of him and posted it here.

with the caption:
Walks past four urinals pee's on the seat in the handicap stall , does not bother to flush.
walks out of the rest room w/o washing his hands

head held high with a giant satisfactory grin on his face .

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I guess my flip pone has a camera , I should have taken a picture of him and posted it here.

with the caption:
Walks past four urinals pee's on the seat in the handicap stall , does not bother to flush.
walks out of the rest room w/o washing his hands

head held high with a giant satisfactory grin on his face .

Did he park in a handicapped spot too? Wouldn't be a surprise after the above.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Clearly, the guy peeing in the handicap stall was retarded.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Why cant people just wash their hands??? I am grossed out by just entering a public restroom let alone touching the handles or having someone else's piss bounce off the toilet onto me. Just wash your damn hands.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
Why cant people just wash their hands???

Most of us learned how to not piss on our hands when we were children.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:

As a police officer for 27 years,I wash my hands BEFORE I take a leak.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Did your piss learn not to splash all over the place from hitting the water in the toilet or the back of the urinal?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most men have lousy hygiene in public restrooms.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're taking issue with him for choosing to use a stall instead of a urinal? Really...
I'll agree that seat down was inappropriate, but the rest is of no concern to anyone but him.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
quote:

Did your piss learn not to splash all over the place from hitting the water in the toilet or the back of the urinal?

I've got a good aim, but then I have enough to hang on to, so there's that.

Look, if you choose to wash your hands fifty times a day and take a shower in Purell, knock yourself out. Me? I'll pass.

My immune system takes care of itself just fine.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
You're taking issue with him for choosing to use a stall instead of a urinal? Really
As someone who does need the handicapped facilities, yes, I agree with bendable taking issue with a healthy young guy by-passing four urinals to use the handicapped stall, and then pissing all over the seat.

I would have confronted him too, if I had seen it.

He acted like a thoughtless, inconsiderate jerk. Not that different from the very healthy looking young lady who parked in the last remaining disabled parking slot at the post office and then ran -- yes, ran -- into the building. No handicapped tag on her car. I hobbled in, saw her waiting in line, and asked, in a voice that could easily be heard by the dozen or so people in line, "Did you really need to park in that handicapped space?

She accused me of ruining her day. I told her that if anyone had ruined her day, she had done it to herself, and she needed to take responsibility for her own actions.

I'm old enough and grouchy enough to call these jerks out. Like helping them count, "fifteen, sixteen, seventeen . . ." at the ten items or less express register at Publix. Yeah, I get dirty looks from them sometimes, but I really don't give a crap. These people need to be embarrassed for their antisocial behavior. Bendable done good, I agree with him 438%!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
quote:
I've got a good aim, but then I have enough to hang on to, so there's that.

Look, if you choose to wash your hands fifty times a day and take a shower in Purell, knock yourself out. Me? I'll pass.

That's fine if the urinal has one of those proximity detection automatic flushers. If it's a manual flush handle, I will wash my hands thoroughly after touching the handle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:

think of it like flu and pneumonia shots,

no one here cares if you get them for your well being, not one single person gives a royal shit if you stay home sick from school or work,
maybe you have to go to the i.c.u. for 6 days .

its irrelevant to 99 % of the population.

BUT !
a lot of people want you to get the shots so you don't give the wretched crap to the rest of us,
its called common , everyday consideration.

lack of consideration in or around others while out in public is called Rude,

and is frowned upon,in todays society.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
You're taking issue with him for choosing to use a stall instead of a urinal? Really
As someone who does need the handicapped facilities, yes, I agree with bendable taking issue with a healthy young guy by-passing four urinals to use the handicapped stall, and then pissing all over the seat.

I would have confronted him too, if I had seen it.

He acted like a thoughtless, inconsiderate jerk. Not that different from the very healthy looking young lady who parked in the last remaining disabled parking slot at the post office and then ran -- yes, ran -- into the building. No handicapped tag on her car. I hobbled in, saw her waiting in line, and asked, in a voice that could easily be heard by the dozen or so people in line, "Did you really need to park in that handicapped space?

She accused me of ruining her day. I told her that if anyone had ruined her day, she had done it to herself, and she needed to take responsibility for her own actions.

I'm old enough and grouchy enough to call these jerks out. Like helping them count, "fifteen, sixteen, seventeen . . ." at the ten items or less express register at Publix. Yeah, I get dirty looks from them sometimes, but I really don't give a crap. These people need to be embarrassed for their antisocial behavior. Bendable done good, I agree with him 438%!

Fair enough.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post