SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sometimes I think that I must have accidentally done cocaine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes I think that I must have accidentally done cocaine Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I swear sometimes I feel like I’ve done the dumbest shit possible and I don’t know why I did it. For example I posted about a G23 I just bought and for some reason when I mentioned the night sights I spelled it sites. I’m far from a spelling bee champ but I know the difference between sight and site. Somehow I realized my mistake several hours later while trying to go to sleep.

Either I must be accidentally on some mind altering narcotics or I’m just getting old and the Jack Daniels is catching up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That whole “your” and “you’re” thing is one of my pet language peeves, but just recently I caught myself using the wrong one. Karma, I guess, for criticizing others.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand your concern. I rarely read a post before I send it off, only to revisit that post and realize auto correct or auto fill decided to insert a different spelling or entirely different word.

Now, I must reread this post!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My smell checker makes me say things I didn't Nintendo.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eggactly!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
If you didn't punch any holes in the wall, I'd rule out cocaine.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I usually get it rite, no make that write, no, screw it, I get it correct most of the time when I type it myself.

Sometimes the auto-spell, auto-complete, thing gets screwy and I might not notice it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Being your own Grammar/Spelling Nazi is a curse onto itself. Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
If you didn't punch any holes in the wall, I'd rule out cocaine.

[quietly produces pre-existing list and begins to scribble...]

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I find that I type “you” when I mean to use “your”. I will review an e-mail before sending it and have to correct it. I figure I'm just lazy.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I often times type "the the" leaving out the subject. No idea why.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
When I spell something incorrect, it's usually so wrong that there is no way for my electronics to assist me.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post