SIGforum
Sometimes I think that I must have accidentally done cocaine

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8980058834

March 10, 2018, 02:55 AM
Pale Horse
Sometimes I think that I must have accidentally done cocaine
I swear sometimes I feel like I’ve done the dumbest shit possible and I don’t know why I did it. For example I posted about a G23 I just bought and for some reason when I mentioned the night sights I spelled it sites. I’m far from a spelling bee champ but I know the difference between sight and site. Somehow I realized my mistake several hours later while trying to go to sleep.

Either I must be accidentally on some mind altering narcotics or I’m just getting old and the Jack Daniels is catching up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
March 10, 2018, 06:56 AM
sigfreund
That whole “your” and “you’re” thing is one of my pet language peeves, but just recently I caught myself using the wrong one. Karma, I guess, for criticizing others.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 10, 2018, 07:23 AM
recoatlift
I understand your concern. I rarely read a post before I send it off, only to revisit that post and realize auto correct or auto fill decided to insert a different spelling or entirely different word.

Now, I must reread this post!
March 10, 2018, 07:47 AM
.38supersig
My smell checker makes me say things I didn't Nintendo.

March 10, 2018, 07:52 AM
recoatlift
Eggactly!
March 10, 2018, 07:54 AM
MikeGLI
If you didn't punch any holes in the wall, I'd rule out cocaine.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
March 10, 2018, 09:34 AM
V-Tail
I usually get it rite, no make that write, no, screw it, I get it correct most of the time when I type it myself.

Sometimes the auto-spell, auto-complete, thing gets screwy and I might not notice it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
March 10, 2018, 09:48 AM
smschulz
Being your own Grammar/Spelling Nazi is a curse onto itself. Frown
March 10, 2018, 10:22 AM
slabsides45
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
If you didn't punch any holes in the wall, I'd rule out cocaine.

[quietly produces pre-existing list and begins to scribble...]

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
March 10, 2018, 12:16 PM
SpinZone
I find that I type “you” when I mean to use “your”. I will review an e-mail before sending it and have to correct it. I figure I'm just lazy.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

March 10, 2018, 02:32 PM
RobC2
I often times type "the the" leaving out the subject. No idea why.
March 20, 2018, 03:55 PM
matthew03
When I spell something incorrect, it's usually so wrong that there is no way for my electronics to assist me.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com