SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TFB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TFB Login/Join 
posted
I was a daily reader of the firearm blog until today. I might only read a story or two per day, but they did a wonderful job covering the firearm industry.

After spiking a story about the unsafe honor defense firearms which ARE NOT DROP SAFE, and the abrupt retirement of an editor and the founder of the site (no doubt due to pressure from the overloards the founder sold the site to) I will no longer visit tfb and I will speak ill of them at every opportuniy that presents itself.

The king is dead...F**k the new king.

Edited to add: anyone have any recommendations where I can find a similar blog/website?

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Um, right here?

This forum doesn't just do discussion among the members; many members either write "article quality" posts about a subject, or post articles discovered elsewhere.

It's possible you will find what you need right here. My other go to reading source is gunsamerica.com. I don't know if they are editorially clean, but they do a decent site, with some interesting articles.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Um, right here?

This forum doesn't just do discussion among the members; many members either write "article quality" posts about a subject, or post articles discovered elsewhere.

It's possible you will find what you need right here. My other go to reading source is gunsamerica.com. I don't know if they are editorially clean, but they do a decent site, with some interesting articles.

And the editorial oversight here seems to filter out the B/S pretty quickly and effectively.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
You two must not remember the start of the 320 drop safe thread. Every source has its prejudices.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prejudices, yes, but the hive tends to sort them out rather quickly. Socrates said that truth was found between opposing views, and the members here, for the most part, are able to present opposing views respectfully and intelligently. The debates I'v read here were quite informative and useful.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post