SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Workplace refrigerator thieves!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Workplace refrigerator thieves! Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Well I just caught someone pilfering what I bring for myself out of our department refrigerator.
Some factory floor drone decided to help themselves to my breakfast fixings.
Last week a new jar of chip dip disappeared from one of my subordinates and she was fighting mad over it.

Well now I KNOW who the guilty party is.
I'm having a little talk with the manufacturing supervisor this morning.
And she's NOT one to tangle with if you work for her.
I will express my displeasure at HER people entering my closed department.
Mad

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need a batch of some super-hot dip to put in the fridge. You know the kind, so hot you need OC sprayed in your mouth to cool it after you take a taste.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It's a balance with the ones who'll leave things there until EPA shows up. Eek

My daughter works in a hospital in AL and has invoked the one-week rule in their small-ish department fridge that perpetually had no room. Each week she puts different-colored stickers on everything with the date on it, if still there a week later out it goes. Now they have room for actual items being used and (pretty much) everybody has gone along.

My only question was if she was washing out the containers. She looked at me sideways and said "No, if they don't care enough to eat it in a week+ I figure they don't want the container either and toss the whole thing!"

I love that girl.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
... if still there a week later out it goes.

I worked in an office building where everything got thrown out on Friday after work! I lost a few nice Tupperware containers that way. Mad

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Time for brownies and other chocolate goodies made with Ex-Lax.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Time for brownies and other chocolate goodies made with Ex-Lax.

My grandmother stopped my grandfather from stealing her freshly-baked cookies that way Big Grin

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Strange new trend at work. Food in the company fridge with names. Yesterday I had a tuna salad sandwich named Kevin.

https://www.someecards.com/use...DE5ZWVhZDM5NjhkMjQ5/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A guy where I work once sent a group email rant when someone ate the deviled egg he had been saving. I get being miffed, but this email contained venom that seemed better calibrated for a much more serious crime.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
A guy where I work once sent a group email rant when someone ate the deviled egg he had been saving. I get being miffed, but this email contained venom that seemed better calibrated for a much more serious crime.
You take my lunch, that's some pretty serious stuff. Mad

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Give him a face to face warning...if it happens again then you can report him.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Screw that. He’s a thief . OP has it right. Report him now. I hate a damn thief.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Had a meeting over the floor crew.
Terminable offense now to leave the floor without permission of a supervisor.
AND they are not to enter the technology departments.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Thief should be tossed out the front door, fired, with the entire employ standing outside to watch him leave, the line of shame.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Some factory floor drone decided to help themselves to my breakfast fixings.

Mad

Well, what you need to do is cook up some new breakfast fixings. Then leave them sit out at room temp for a good 12 hours. Then bring to work and let him at 'em.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one person who would take meat out of sandwiches. Not all of it, just a few slices.

Had a receptionist who stole my Snapple once. After that I threw her stuff out every time I saw it in the fridge. Couldn't complain because she was screwing three partners.

I'm responsible for the fridges at my office. We have two fridges shared by 150+ people and some folks will bring a weeks worth of food on Monday. I'm not talking five lean cuisines but an entire roast chicken and an apple pie. I empty them once a month. I try to be considerate but people are assholes. I feel bad about tossing nice glass containers but if two emails and a sign on the fridge aren't enough notice I can't help ya.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. It helps me appreciate being self employed.
Using a security camera might be an idea, followed by social media shaming if allowed.

We used to handle these things through physical violence when I was in college. I went to an all male university and the main thing stolen was beer. The physical approach worked well for us.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you have a office or desk, get one of these and put in there and secure your food and drinks.

https://www.amazon.com/Uber-Ap..._89%3AUber+Appliance

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no outside appliances are allowed at work stations. We appreciate your cooperation. Razz

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, society teaches this. If someone has it, they should give it to you.

Same thing happened many years ago. Got out of Tech school and started a job for the DOD.

We all put our lunches in a Fridge in the lunch room. Everyday a different person would get his lunch stolen.

A friend of mine spiked some cookies with Exlax.

When his lunch got stolen, he told everybody to be on the lookout for someone with the trots.

He was taken before the supervisors and warned that the next time he would be fired for spiking his food.

Justice??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
... if still there a week later out it goes.

I worked in an office building where everything got thrown out on Friday after work! I lost a few nice Tupperware containers that way. Mad

Not to worry. Tupperware containers multiply at night.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post