SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hiked 18 miles yesterday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hiked 18 miles yesterday. Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Wow, some "friends" you've got there. I'd likely have given a ride to someone I didn't even like rather than make them walk eighteen miles.

How long did that excursion take?

My knee hurts just thinking about it.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting post..
I will say that 18 miles makes my feet hurt just thinking about.

I was contemplating how to train for a 12 mile timed ruck march if I reclass to 12B.

I need your training regimen.

When speaking of UDF, would that be United Dairy Farmers where you stopped for coffee?

If it is, that is one of the things I miss about Cols OH. I love their coffee.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Wow, some "friends" you've got there. I'd likely have given a ride to someone I didn't even like rather than make them walk eighteen miles.

How long did that excursion take?

My knee hurts just thinking about it.
I left at 8:00 in the morning and minus the stops at my Credit Union, Parts Plus and coffee, I got back here at 4:30. I've hiked 20 miles when I was a lot younger and had a bus waiting on the other end. That too is a pretty full day.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
An interesting post..
I will say that 18 miles makes my feet hurt just thinking about.

I was contemplating how to train for a 12 mile timed ruck march if I reclass to 12B.

I need your training regimen.

When speaking of UDF, would that be United Dairy Farmers where you stopped for coffee?

If it is, that is one of the things I miss about Cols OH. I love their coffee.
I only walked this to get to a Auto Parts store. Past few days, sinse my car has been down, I've been walking a 2 mile round trip just for a big coffee. The upper rear leg muscles are calling for stretches. Oh yes the same UDF stores. I love their malts too.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
High Ol' Silver is up and running. Straight down to Wendys tonight for a couple burgers. I got the new starter wired but could not stay under the car as its closeness to me makes me sick. I cant spell the word but its confined spaces bother me enough to make me ill. A friend put in the starter bolts. I couldnt get them in myself. Why GM would route the transmission cooler lines beneath the starter is beyond me. Its in and I am pleased.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Glad to read that you are up and running again.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bet if you called and spoke with the manager at the auto parts store, they could find a guy to deliver your parts if you gave them $10 for their gas and time. Give them a sob story about being retired and having no way to get there blah blah blah.

If I was the manager of an auto parts store and a guy called and told me his only option was to walk 18 miles to get a starter/battery, I would find a way to help him, even if it meant driving to his place after my shift. I'm sure there are a lot of folks that think similarly.

You could work on your problem solving skills, IMHO.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Don’t know where you live, I’d give you a ride. I once picked up a hitchhiker in the U.P. Of MI, gave him a ride to Green Bay for no reason. Yes, that was a while back.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post