SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    GB sellers who don't carefully pack what they sell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GB sellers who don't carefully pack what they sell Login/Join 
Picture of bjor13
posted
scored a really nice deal on an auction - H&R M12 target rifle for $500. a solid 3-400 cheaper than the best price offered at the local gun shows. The guy packed it with a thin layer of bubble wrap and out it in a box and shipped it. Both sets of expensive target sites were snapped off - sheared at the screws and the rear site tore off chunks of stock. What was a gorgeous rifle, bought for an amazing price is now going back. Hopefully getting my money back will be easy.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Winslow Arms rifle showed up at the dealer’s with the barrel sticking out of the box. Go into the shop, tells me “I ain’t opening this, not getting in the middle of this.” Luckily, only marginal surface rust that cleaned right up.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen all kinds of crazy things show up with various bits poking out the side of the box when I still had local FFL's to visit.

I once had a situation where a very nice 9MM BDA was purchased from a small dealer on the east coast to ship to the midwest for a very good price because it came with a couple hundred dollars in extra factory magazines.

Pistol showed up at the receiving dealer and the extra magazines were not there. Shipping dealer could not find them, receiving dealer could not find them in the packaging and the customer was unhappy. In the end, the best guess was the shipping dealer sent them out with another pistol by accident. The shipping dealer cut the customer a check for $200 or so which I thought was a stand up thing to do.

Damaged muzzles, broken stocks, cracked grips, missing bits, broken sights, seen more than a few which is why I try and avoid shipping firearms anywhere if I can avoid it. I pack well, but can't control how the carrier treats my box.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I bought one of the early semi auto HK G3's from a shop in Florida out of Shotgun News and had it shipped to my FFL in California. The rifle arrived wrapped in a dirty bath towel and tossed in a box with no other packing materials. Fortunately it survived Smile

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1522 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a shame. It is not that hard.

I have sold several guns on GB.

You will find many of mu buyers compliment me on my packaging.

I use a cotton towel, wrap the firearm snug. then I use bubble wrap, lots of bubble wrap and tape. Then I only use new boxes.

I prepare every gun as if I was sending it to myself.

Yes, it cost a little more. However, I have 100% positive feedback.

Even the Luger that was on the UPS plane that crashed in Birmingham Alabama survived.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post