SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Champion sweats...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Champion sweats... Login/Join 
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted
SUCK.

It has been years since I have bought this brand of sweats, but I did not even get one use from this new pair, before they self destructed. They came from Amazon, so I'm sure there will be no hassle getting them replaced; just the same, WTF.

I tried them on for general fit, all systems go, so I washed them to shrink-to-fit... Pretty standard stuff for sweats. Put them on before my daily exercise, and the drawstring blew-out, just like the string on a feed bag, trying to ties the drawstring:

Seems they don't even fold over the top anymore, to retain the drawstring??? I'm sure many good things come from El Salvador, but this pair of sweats ain't one of them... Just a friendly heads-up Smile

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:
I'm sure many good things come from El Salvador, but this pair of sweats ain't one of them...

Another free trade success story.

Everything that was once quality and made here has taken a dive once manufacturing was moved out of the country. Levis being the worst I ever found. Exact same size and exact same style of jeans made in two different countries will fit completely differently. I stopped buying them years ago.

I really hope that Trump is successful in bringing some of these companies back home.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. All my T-shirts were by Russell and lasted forever, were heavyweight and the necks did not fray out.
The last one I bought was so thin I could read a newspaper through it.
And finding decent socks and underwear that are durable and priced right seems impossible.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
underwear that are durable and priced right seems impossible.

I have used Hanes since I was probably 5 years old or earlier. Big Grin

What they sell now are one day throwaways. Remember mamma said don't forget to put on clean underwear because you may have to go to the hospital. Eek

I'm not sure you would make it through the day if something hot walked by. Big Grin They are so thin, there must be a procedure for taking them off and on without ripping. Frown

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

What they sell now are one day throwaways. Remember mamma said don't forget to put on clean underwear because you may have to go to the hospital. Eek

I'm not sure you would make it through the day if something hot walked by. Big Grin They are so thin, there must be a procedure for taking them off and on without ripping. Frown

Any thinner and they'll have only one side! Eek

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Champion sucks now.

I have some champion sweat shirts and sweat pants from about 20 years ago. Those things are as tough as canvas!

They've survived me wearing them in countless football games and any other sweatshirt activity.

If there's an old school type of sweat like the old champion, I'd buy more.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I use Duluth Trading Company for sweats and other clothing items. More expensive, but they last. You will get a "coupon" about every 3 months for free shipping, when you deal with them regularly.

Champion, nowadays, sucks.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

Roll em on like a condom

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I still have a double layer gym class tee shirt from junior high school, that was made by champion. If I wasn't so fat, I could still wear it. It's 45 years old and still in decent shape.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I hear ya. All my T-shirts were by Russell and lasted forever, were heavyweight and the necks did not fray out.
The last one I bought was so thin I could read a newspaper through it.
And finding decent socks and underwear that are durable and priced right seems impossible.

Champion still makes decent socks in this country.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Hanes socks are also stinking it up (no pun intended). I bought a pack earlier this year and multiple socks 'holed out' after just a few uses. I was going to mail the holed socks to corporate HQ. Maybe I will buy more and do it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last year, I bought Joe's USA Mens Ultimate Sweatpants with Pockets in Adult Sizes on Amazon, and purchased their zippered hoodie.

Both were well made and stood up well to both normal wear and washing. I'be been extremely happy with them.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Another quality product from Upper Volta or Yemen.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have sweat pants from them that are years old and pretty ratty. I use them as my PJs and would like new pants but I can't find a suitable replacement for them. All the new ones are too lightweight and thin, even if they're rated as "heavy duty." I miss the old, thick sweat pants Champion used to make.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I had a Champion hoodie that I wore to years worth of wrestling practices that wouldn't quit. It was finally too sweat stained to be worn anymore (said my wife) and it disappeared. I've got a Russel shirt like a previous poster described that's a good 20 years old and survived a skating accident where I hit a rock going down a hill at warp nine, my feet stopped and the rest of me kept going and I did my best slip 'n slide technique on a new sidewalk in El Paso that was about 60 grit, face-first. I had the presence of mind to keep my head up as I slid a good six feet on my chest, the heavy vinyl screen printed Russell logo took the brunt of it and the shirt didn't even tear. I can still wear it. Had I been wearing what they make now, I wouldn't have had to worry about having nipples anymore at the very least.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week I found Fruit-of-the-Loom sweats at Walmart for $6 a pair. Tried & washed a pair, the best I have found in years with real elastic & comfortable waists. Went back in 2 days & almost all the Large were gone. After the third Walmart I was able to accumulate 10 pair. Medium weight but perfect for around the house for me.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
After the third Walmart I was able to accumulate 10 pair

That was because that was all they had as you loaded them into the second shopping cart. Big Grin Big Grin Sounds like one of 41's buying sprees. Wink

As he drove off the parking lot, the front wheels were off the ground. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That was because that was all they had as you loaded them into the second shopping cart. Sounds like one of 41's buying sprees.

Yeah, usually when I find something I like at Walmart, I never see it again! 10 pair should last a few years, & I can pitch the holy see-throughs with no elastic left.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, Walmart sucks for all that stuff. I'll give them no more chances, they generally sell shit in regard to those products and I'm tired of buying any part of it.

I now buy all underwear, socks, sweats and pretty much anything else I can at Costco. If it does happen to suck, I know without one doubt they'll take it back.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last Fruit of the Loom item I bought from Wal-Mart was a tee shirt.
Two washes later it became nearly transparent and had shunk to the point my cat could wear it.
Seven bucks pissed away. You get what you pay for.... Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post