SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People Who Drive with Dogs in Their Laps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People Who Drive with Dogs in Their Laps Login/Join 
posted
See this all the time and think it's right up there with cellphone usage as a risk for accidents. Any number of things could startle that dog, causing it to jump up in the driver's face.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wonder what those drivers-seat-lapdogs would like after an airbag deployment. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
It is not pretty when the airbag goes off when folks have a dog in their lap. I have seen very few dogs make it after being in a persons lap.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I always wonder what those drivers-seat-lapdogs would like after an airbag deployment. Big Grin

Ever see Alien?

Kind of like that except in reverse.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Ever see Alien?

Spaceballs too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Dog that is not secured will fly through a window and die in an accident. My k9 is always in a secure crate that is bungee’d down.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Ever see Alien?

Spaceballs too.

Hello ma baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal.

(did you see a little space alien or did you see a frog with a cane and top hat?)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need a bigger dog. If either of our dogs managed to get onto my lap and stay there, they'd be able to rest their chin on top of my head. They wouldn't fit between me and the steering wheel, either, although that's not entirely their doing.

My daughter has a similarly large dog; he has a harness that clips to a rear seat-belt so he stays put in the event of excitement.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that and I look at their owner...and see a person not serious about life.

Posts: 14636 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:

If either of our dogs managed to get onto my lap and stay there, they'd be able to rest their chin on top of my head. They wouldn't fit between me and the steering wheel, either.
Remember the tiny 1974 Honda Civic?

I was taking Jesse Mastiff, the 200+ pound klutz, the to vet. Scooting along on the freeway, Jesse decided to come up front and ride shotgun. That was fine, until he noticed something on the left and wanted to look out of the driver door window.

He was a huge boy, he totally blocked my forward vision, and he outweighed me, there was no way that I could move him. I turned the flashers on and gradually brought the car to a stop in the middle of the expressway, then coaxed him into the back seat again.

Not my boy, but you get the idea:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And that airbag could slam little FiFi right in your face at a high velocity . Deadly for both of you .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I actually was in an accident when the other driver’s dog jumped up in his face and as a result his car hit mine. Fortunately it was at such a low speed the airbags didn’t deployed. I did end up replacing the front bumper, though.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have a tougher life than most. This doesn't even register as a realistic concern for me.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife's dog goes with her in the car, everywhere.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Common sense is not that common.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think what you mean is dogs driving with stupid people under their asses.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post