SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subaru Drivers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subaru Drivers Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

A "Coexist" sticker is included.
They want to coexist with each other as soon as all conservatives are gone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve had to learn to live with ‘em; it’s the state car of Colorado

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

A "Coexist" sticker is included.
They want to coexist with each other as soon as all conservatives are gone.

Nah, they would just find someone else to hate.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
......why are Subaru drivers such assholes?

unbeknown to most, it's a pre BMW driver training program

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

But wait a minute, I owned a BMW before we added a Subaru to the stable...

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
The OP described 3/4 of the vehicles on the road in the Bellingham area. And 100% of those, have the coexist sticker and a half dozen feel-the-bern stickers!

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I guess I'm really bad because we have both a BMW and a Subaru Wink

Same here....

But since I am currently living in the snow belt....where lake effect means a bad morning I am ok with the subbie

It's a forester xt.....so I am a fast lesbian Cool

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
I guess I'm really bad because we have both a BMW and a Subaru Wink

Same here....

But since I am currently living in the snow belt....where lake effect means a bad morning I am ok with the subbie

It's a forester xt.....so I am a fast lesbian Cool

I grew up in the Snow Belt around Cleveland and we didn't have no stinkin 4 wheel Drive in those days. Back then you learned to ANTICIPATE the hills and corners and how to apply the principle of Conservation of Energy to assist you in getting up the hills. BTW, that meant to gave the car a bit of gas going downhill to get your speed up and if there was a curve before the hill you did a bit of Power Drifting to carry your speed into the hill. BTW you also learned quite quickly that spinning your tires does NOTHING but turn snow into wet ice.

Having driven a Subaru back in the days BEFORE turbocharging I didn't really find them lacking in torque or power but I did drive a VW Beetle before driving a Roo. So I am not at all bothered by a Subaru. Note, while a bit under powered the Beetle was a VASTLY better car to drive in the snow. Because in the early days of small FWD cars there were universally damned poor in deep snow, would not go uphill and turn so if you had to turn you coasted and if you had to go uphill AND turn at the same time you turned around and found a different route.

What drive me bonkers is the Damned Prius Drivers, every single one of those obnoxious A-Holes seems to believe that it is their mission in life to slow the road speeds on the entire planet by blocking as many lanes as they can. If there are 4 lanes going in each direction you will see 4 Prius' going side by side 10-15 mph BELOW the speed limit.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
is your diesel truck a chevy or ford lol

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

But wait a minute, I owned a BMW before we added a Subaru to the stable...

So you got your training there lol

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I had two BMWs before I got my Subaru so I had all my training complete. I found I wasn’t assholish enough with the Subaru so I went back to BMW. Razz

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Out in Central Colorado they found a good suburu driver! So he'd been dead for a year before they found him. Guess that made him real deadified. And they located him off road so he didn't block anything!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lol! I did it in the correct order then...I had a bug-eye '02 WRX and then 'upgraded' to a '94 BMW 325i. I can't really say that I was MORE of an asshole in the BMW...but I certainly wasn't less of one. The Subie was nice in Ohio where we had winter, but in southern Texas, RWD with a limited slip diff was WAAAAY more fun!

When I moved back to Ohio, the land of 10,000 traffic cops, I had to keep getting slower and slower cars to keep myself from getting tickets. At one point I was all the way down to a 103hp Scion xA, but found out I didn't have to go quite THAT slow! I'd own a Subie again, and if I did, you wouldn't need to worry about me going too slow in the left lane Cool

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Asking the question I’m sure every Alaskan who’s driven the Seward Highway has, why are Subaru drivers such assholes?

I mean do they think they’ve been granted Indulgences by the Pope himself that they are exempt from the, “Slower Traffic Keep Right” signs? Have they anointed themselves the Vicar of Carbon Emissions by forcing everyone to drive 5-10mph less than the speed limit? Or in words their liberal arts degreed minds will understand, do they think they get a get out of Hell free card by subjecting the rest of us to the Hell of having to follow them?

Just because their 4 cylinder shit box loaded down with kayaks and mountain bikes worth more than their car that is held together with duct tape, bungee cords and bumper stickers for social and environmental causes can’t maintain 65mph going up the hill from the Sterling Highway junction why should I be forced to conform with their vision of social and vehicular justice and equality?

I’m sorry but if they pedal through 3 passing lanes and don’t move to the right, I should be able to invoke the spirit of No. 3, the Intimidator, the late great Dale Earnhardt, get on their rear bumper, take a little air off the spoiler, get em’ lose and turn their station wagon loved by lesbians into the wall, or the guardrail, or the ditch…

Earth First! We’ll drill the other planets for oil later…

You've named only the most prevalent of the two distinct Subaru sub-species abundant here in the Great Frozen North. While the granola sandals hippie Subaru sub-species is far more common, do not discount the danger of the lesser known Doucher-Bro Straight Brim Racer Subaru sub-species. They are every bit as annoying, and maybe even more dangerous. Big Grin

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Yes, but at least you can point and laugh at the Doucher-Bro Straight Brim Racer Subaru sub-species as they're standing on the side of the road looking at their WRX or Impreza WRX Wanna-Be that's stuck in the ditch.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after about 7 months with a new Subaru,
R.c. stated that he had no idea that he and his wife were such poor drivers,

lights going on and bells and buzzers, galore.

he claims to be half scared to go in too the big city now

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont get the appeal.... but I like Jeeps and some people dont get those. To each their own.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Back in the mid 80's my GF (now wife) bought a Subaru GL with the manual shift. That was one durable car, and got great mpg no matter how much my 19 year old self abused it. We only sold it later because she wanted an SUV.

Now, everyone else driving a subaru appears to be an a hole, but us? We were cool....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Subarus and had a legacy sedan when I lived in AK, also got my only 2 speeding tickets there.

There are many subspecies though. The alphabet crowd in a Forrester. The poor hippy/liberal arts student in an old Legacy or Impreza as described in the OP held together by bailing wire and leftist stickers. The millennial and/or yuppie douche in a new Outback and the ricers in a WRX STI.

I want to find an old one of any flavor beat to hell for $500, put big tires on it, spray paint it a flat earth tone and enter the Gambler 500.

https://gambler500.com

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Easy to find a Subaru here. Just look for the car that is stopped 40+ feet back from the car in from of it at any stoplight. And when the light changes they sit there for a 10+ second count and then they are the last car casually rolling through the yellow...red light.
They also slow down approaching GREEN light intersections (behavior usually associated with Prius drivers).
In the wild they also have been observed driving 50 MPH on any interstate highway's left lane heading uphill or downhill.
Perhaps someone can explain...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post