SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Snowflake moderators who are ban happy and just suck (not here)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowflake moderators who are ban happy and just suck (not here) Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So I’m a member at a truck forum. It’s a lot harsher environment than here and there is a lot of trolling, and people flipping each other shit. No big deal. I was getting flipped shit about my forum name, so I posted a screenshot from the Urban Dictionary about my name. Some guy from Maxima.org posted the entry 16 years ago. Again, I didn’t see the harm in it. I was banned for posting a homophobic image. No warning, no deletion of photo and being told “that violates the rules” nothing. Instant ban for a week.
Okay, so the moderator has a super low post count and has only been on the forum for a year or so. She definitely feels the need to swing her banhammer furiously. I was a moderator and an administrator in a Nissan Forum back in the day. I get it, new mods want to flex and show their bravado.
I took my ban in stride and so be it. I emailed asking why I was banned and got some fuckwit reply that gave me no info. I had to wait to log back in to see the “Banned Members” thread so I knew exactly what I did wrong.

But that’s not what pisses me off!!!

This moderator, or one of her snowflake lemmings complained that my name is racist. Beancooker is not allowed as my forum name over there. I’m fucking stupefied. I am the absolute least racist person one will meet. My immediate family has many races to it. Who really cares?

I have had this as my screen name in any and every forum I have ever been on. It’s my identity on forums. Cars, guns, fashion, food, you name it, it’s my name on the internet.

So evidently a Beancooker is someone who kills Mexicans, or someone who is carrying a Mexican baby. I post in the chat with staff section, and ask them to reconsider stripping me of my name, as I was now 298686. I explain that this name came about because I was a coffee roaster, and that someone asked “where’s the Beancooker” and it stuck with me after that. So from that point in, I was Beancooker.

I was asked by the owner to choose a new screen name.

Still in disbelief, I throw out “would Sicario be acceptable?” (I was being a little bit of a smart ass, because if a Beancooker is someone who kills Mexicans, well a Sicario does the same.) No problem. My name over there is now Sicario. Spanish for “hitman”. Sicario’s are ruthless hitman for the cartels that do some pretty heinous things. Sicario is acceptable, but Beancooker is offensive?

To top it all off, I ask if it would be acceptable to change my CUT to “Formerly known as B***cooker” and that was deemed acceptable by the owner, with the stipulation that I spell out Beancooker so people don’t think it was Buttcooker or Bitchcooker.

The moderator pops into the thread and tells me to post it in my CUT as B***cooker, but I preferred the owners reply and posted my name spelled out.

So I can’t have Beancooker as my name, but I can have it in my CUT.

Absolutely un-fucking believable.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I was banned from digital Democrats’ site about 20 years ago. All I did was ask if it was the site for digital dimwits. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Power Surge, I’m not even miffed about the ban. It was fir a bullshit reason, but whatever. New mod has to prove her worth.
The deeming my name as racist, yet allowing something most would consider far more “offensive” and the allowing my original name in my CUT, blows my mind.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Sicario" is acceptable because it isn't English, so it can't be offensive. Ignorant, on their part, but there you have it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Educated beyond her intelligence. And its quite stupid...

Also reminds me of the Cheech and Chong song....

Mexican-Americans [beaners!!!] like to eat beans!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I can’t have Beancooker as my name, but I can have it in my CUT.

Well, some people don’t get it.

My son and friends received a 3 day in school suspension for drawing stick figures defecating. Typical 8th grade potty humor. They weren’t allowed to do homework or study. They could only read books from the detention room.

One of the books was from a popular teen series and titled “The Day My Butt Went Psycho!”

The administrators didn’t see the irony.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

My son and friends received a 3 day in school suspension . . . They weren’t allowed to do homework or study.

The administrators didn’t see the irony.
What? Kids are detained in school but are not allowed to study? What imbecile made up that rule?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You think that's bad?

My ex-wife is a teacher. In her school district, up until a few years ago, truancy was punished by suspension.

Yep, you heard me... If you skipped school for a day, the school would punish you by making you not come to school for another day.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post