SIGforum
Trucks and u-turns

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8920091574

October 02, 2020, 02:41 PM
konata88
Trucks and u-turns
What kind of fucking idiot thinks it's okay to make a u-turn on a residential street that includes driving over my lawn and digging a trench?

The driveway was only 10 fucking feet from where you made the u-turn. You could have made the same u-turn using my driveway instead of the lawn.

Or in fact, maybe you could have done a 3 point turn and not used my driveway or my lawn.

In any case, fucking moron whoever it is that added a trench to my lawn, thank you and fuck you.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 02, 2020, 02:49 PM
P250UA5
We had someone leave a rut in our side yard, luckily not on a sprinkler head.

More annoyed than anything, as it tore the grass out to the dirt. Looks like they backed up into the grass at a really shallow angle (parallel parking?) then pulled away.

An accident I'm sure...

The Enemy's gate is down.
October 02, 2020, 03:08 PM
rsbolo
This kind of thing used to happen to me. It is very aggravating when others make no effort to consider the property of others...

I live off of a cup de sac now. My biggest problem is when one of my two neighbors has a get together...sometimes people use the cup de sac as a car park. (My neighbors resolve this issue quickly and are VERY nice people.)

October 02, 2020, 03:18 PM
.38supersig
Thought you'd mention something about a box truck? Trailer and/or car dolly? No?

Damn! That would mean their driving really sucks!

October 02, 2020, 03:58 PM
RogB
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:

I live off of a cup de sac now. My biggest problem is when one of my two neighbors has a get together...sometimes people use the cup de sac as a car park. (My neighbors resolve this issue quickly and are VERY nice people.)

A cuppa sac...perfect morning pick-me-up

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
October 02, 2020, 05:48 PM
konata88
Yea, it's really just a residential street - nothing but houses. It's not just a street in a residential area but really just a street with houses that even dead ends into a cul-de-sac about 200 yards away. Drive another 5 seconds and one can easily do a u-turn.

I can see how some vehicles may have difficulty making a u-turn. But we don't get any vehicles on our street that can't easily do a 3 point turn. Especially since it's a dead end street with no traffic - it's not like you need to hurry up and get out of the way of traffic. You could take a minute or two or five to make a 3 point turn and not block anyone.

And even then, no reason to not use the driveway (I have a long driveway) and avoid driving on the yard.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 02, 2020, 08:08 PM
Orguss
I once made a delivery to a house and saw there was a set of tracks leading across the lawn to the front door. There was also a UPS box on the porch, so I assumed the UPS driver just gave zero fucks about where he was driving. This was a large piece of property with a long, curving driveway.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"