SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon's Definitely Going Downhill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon's Definitely Going Downhill Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Amazon delivery has been two days on some items even without Prime.

I took the thirty day free Prime around Christmas, the only reason was that I needed a particular Microwave only available through Prime. Before the trial was up I cancelled it, the value in my opinion was not there.

Amazon stepped up to fill a niche the local market cannot or will not. Price is not always the deciding factor, selection is more important to me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Totally agree with the OP. Don't get me started on their "in house" delivery drivers!

I've had packages tossed into snow banks, left in the rain, jammed into my side porch door, and frequent lying about delivery attempts. I have an absolutely massive covered porch, but I guess the six stairs up to it are just too much. They drive around in unmarked vehicles and pound on doors too. Totally unprofessional.

Latest gripe was them not delivering items I've ordered for my parents who live in a gated community. The gate guards won't let them in and rightfully so. Random dude in a crappy vehicle that has "Amazon" written on the side doesn't instill much confidence.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Can't say we've had issues with AMZN or prime, delivery has been on time, mostly by UPS, USPS or the local Amazon delivery service lately in Amazon contracted trucks.

I don't mind shopping locally, however it can be difficult at times to determine who's got something in stock and as what price, AMZN just makes it easier to compare products, reviews and of course eliminates getting into traffic for a single item.

We needed new muffin pans the old ones were shot, at 9pm I can walk to my computer, search, click and order a set of two for $12 delivered, ease of use, and shopping in my underwear, what could be better...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Man, you got it rough, ensigmatic. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
While there have been some issues, I think Amazon will start to figure out self-shipping and improve the process over time.

Of course that doesn't help ppl right now who what $4.57 items in 2 days with free shipping, but I'm sure it will work itself out in time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Latest gripe was them not delivering items I've ordered for my parents who live in a gated community. The gate guards won't let them in and rightfully so. Random dude in a crappy vehicle that has "Amazon" written on the side doesn't instill much confidence.

I'd think the fault would on with the gate guards for not allowing the Amazon driver to complete the delivery. Local gated communities allow homeowners to notify the gate that they are expecting a delivery or the guards can call the resident to confirm they are expecting a package...some even allow the guards to accept and hold packages; of course that would make them liable for the package

If you think the gate guards acted correctly, then you have no basis to be griping at all.

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My last 2 Amazon deliveries have been via the blue Amazon Mercedes trucks. On time and rang the door bell as well.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Love Amazon because it works so well. No complaints.
The delivery issues I have had are solely the fault of my USPS route person.
I use Fakespot to scan the reviews sometimes and try to avoid 3rd party sellers.

I just went and looked, and I placed 48 orders in 2017, 60 in 2018 and 7 so far this year.

How many orders are you guys with all the problems placing?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

I use Fakespot to scan the reviews sometimes...

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
My last 2 Amazon deliveries have been via the blue Amazon Mercedes trucks. On time and rang the door bell as well.

That is a what I have experienced and come to expect from the Amazon truck folks.

They won't stand by waiting for you, but they'll ring the doorbell and snap a pic of where they left the package. It is attached to the email notice I get that the package has been delievered

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I use Amazon when needed because of hard to find items, or to ship to the family. Generally I'm less impressed now than 2 years ago. Dropped Prime because I got slow service here about 1/2 the time, and rates went up for this privilege. I have also found comparable or better pricing thru Walmart or Target.coms. They are now Average-zom to me, just a choice.

I truly dislike the predatory business practices of taking over successful segments, cutting out other listings to promote theirs, ect.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’ve noticed the times I have trouble with 2day prime shipping is when they use USPS.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve had far more trouble with counterfeit merchandise and slow shipping from ebay and Walmart.com than from Amazon.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I think a big part of it is who you get on the other end. I have had price adjustments/matches made when the price drops within a week or so and Amazon was the seller.

Bought a Canon Laser Printer last year, prime 2-day shipping sold by Amazon. The NEXT day the price dropped $39, hadn’t even arrived yet.

I called, person I talked to refused to do anything. Some crap about “dynamic pricing based on market demand”. She wasn’t going to budge. OK, fine- my time is valuable to me.

Hung up, ordered ANOTHER one at the new price. When the first one arrived, I returned it (free shipping due to prime and “damaged packaging”). Got the second one the next day.

They paid for shipping twice on 2-day UPS and a third time ground (return) for a Color Laser with shipping weight of 42 lbs. Pretty sure the extra two UPS bills cost more than the price adjustment would have been. And if not, the loss they took on their returned on having to be sold as return/refurb certainly put them in the red on that deal.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you think the gate guards acted correctly, then you have no basis to be griping at all.

I think that if the gate guards let in a random dude in a random unmarked vehicle, then they have completely failed at their jobs. I also think that it is irresponsible of Amazon to hire contractors to deliver shit. The gripe comes from the lack of communication on the part of Amazon to correctly convey just who is delivering the package, and the laissez faire attitude surrounding the quality of delivery. If I wanted shit thrown into the nearest available snowbank or taxis bush I would request Cousin Eddy and his Winnebago in the shipping options.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I can get you some CR123’s at an unbeatable price.... Big Grin

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Well have been a prime member for a while. 2 day delivery was not always on time. Evidently they have started in the night delivery to help alleviate that problem. In my case before 8 am the next morning. Package was actually delivered at 5:45 am . Was a good thing for me as I needed what was coming for use the next morning. Not sure about strangers about in the dark . But not really that concerned as I was expecting it.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding necropost. Amazon will close as many brick and mortars as possible and then we will all be at their whim.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon recently built a fulfillment center locally. Since then seems like most of my orders tend to show up the day after the order’s placed. Ordered a bulb for the car’s overhead light yesterday and tracking says it should be delivered today, so can’t complain. Usually things show up via an Amazon Prime marked van, so they’re definitely coming from the local warehouse.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
2 day delivery was not always on time.

Two day delivery was a given with Prime, with an option for overnight if you wanted. That was available for every order. It hasn't been so since Covid hit. Now, I'm lucky to get things in a week and there are no options available for faster deliver...even with an upcharge. I've taken to ordering direct from manufacturers when I can as shipping options are much better than Amazon...which was the big benefit of Prime membership. If it weren't for Prime movies I'd cancel it outright.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post