SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Uppity dummies on Armslist
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uppity dummies on Armslist Login/Join 
posted
Sorry, but your USED pistol is not worth the same amount you paid for it when it was NEW. Also you’d think Out of one of the 30 or so ads that are listed as willing to trade somebody would be interested in a straight trade of their Beretta 92 for an HK P30sk.

Just kills me going through and reading all these ads and the money people want for their guns.
Oh well. I’m gonna just list mine but at least I’ll list it for 100 bucks less than what I got it for. And I’m gonna include the holster and extra couple mags.

On a brighter note some of these listings are just plain hilarious and almost seem like a joke. Like the polished $500 AR that somebody put a battery powered light strip in the hand guard and wants 2k for it or a small truck lol.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
"No lowballs, I know what I got!"

The ones that crack me up the most are the ones who have to put something like "RARE!" in the title. If you have to tell me how rare your item is, its likely not.

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up looking for deals on Armslist, I just use it to sell things. The good thing is that every gun that I’ve listed sold pretty fast because it was the only one with a reasonable price.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
I always list my used guns near retail price. This way when someone comes along and asks for my lowest price, I am able to throw out the used price I want, it’s a win/win.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, but your USED pistol is not worth the same amount you paid for it when it was NEW.

Depends what it is and when you bought it.
Could be worth more. Eek

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
The polished AR is hideous. What an asshat. I can’t imagine the glare that thing has at the range.

There’s a *Custom Glock 19* that’s laughable.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
It's only here for a week then it's going back to the safe!

Posts: 2659 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
The polished AR is hideous. What an asshat. I can’t imagine the glare that thing has at the range.

There’s a *Custom Glock 19* that’s laughable.

The polished AR isn’t just hideous, it’s hilarious. I actually laughed out loud while going over that listing, I’d be very let down if that guy doesn’t have a rat tail or a mullet.
It actually worked out for me in the end. I gave it one last try and traded a guy for a damn near mint Beretta M9, this thing looks like it only has a box or two of ammo through it, I carried an M9 in the military police so I’ve always wanted my own. I’m gonna order a bunch of Langdon/Wilson parts for it and replace all the plastic shit and have myself a pretty bitchin range pistol. Kid I traded with got a damn nice P30sk with a couple holsters and mags, but I never carry it anymore and only paid 600 for it so it’s all even to me, you never see M9’s anymore and this one literally looks brand new

posted Hide Post
You aren’t wrong. Guys think their guns are way more valuable than they are. I was going to trade with a guy and come to find out he thought I was willing to trade two (2) P228’s for a Sig 365. I went back and looked at our emails and see where he made that mistake. He got kind of pissy when I was said no, one for one. Plus he’s selling a franken build at a higher price than either of the two base guns. I can literally buy his gun brand new for 170 bucks less. What do these guys think their guns are worth? I told him good luck with the sale but what I really meant was you are clueless.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Sorry, but your USED pistol is not worth the same amount you paid for it when it was NEW.

Depends what it is and when you bought it.
Could be worth more. Eek

Only rarely, and those mooks think it includes common items like Beretta 92s.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or plastic 365’s. Lol

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s a “rare” ugly ass hydro dipped Glock 23 on there that some dude wants about a grand for, betcha it’s still available

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Armslist is a cesspool. So..

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB3:
I always list my used guns near retail price. This way when someone comes along and asks for my lowest price, I am able to throw out the used price I want, it’s a win/win.

I see that not only on armslist but on most forums. The reason for that is most gun owners are cheapskates.
You could list a as new in box, never fired Sig 320 for $350.00 and I guarantee within an hour you will get multiple lower offers.

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Custom AR build" with a s%#t ton of aftermarket parts...and built by the seller. No mention of the siezed barrel nut, stripped gas block screws or the oversize pin holes.

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Nuclear QA Supervisor

Posts: 4 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: December 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yankee paddler:
"Custom AR build" with a s%#t ton of aftermarket parts...and built by the seller. No mention of the siezed barrel nut, stripped gas block screws or the oversize pin holes.

You are assuming the builder is incompetent.
I know for a fact my own personal built AR's are better than what you can get commercially but agree it is hard to sell that to a skeptical audience.
Sometimes you may actually find a gem in that haystack, you never know and maybe that collection of high quality parts just needs a tweak.
I am not selling mine.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
The one that gets me goes as follows:

I list gun "A" for a fair and reasonable $500".

Prospective buyer sends me an e-mail informing me he will give me $300, today, cash in hand.

Is this supposed to induce me to jump on it and ask him, with baited breath, "where do we meet, oh boy, cash in hand?"?

I've got news for you. My price, as listed, presumes that I want cash in hand.

I do, however, always politely respond with, "no thank you but I appreciate the offer".

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat:
Prospective buyer sends me an e-mail informing me he will give me $300, today, cash in hand.

Is this supposed to induce me to jump on it and ask him, with baited breath, "where do we meet, oh boy, cash in hand?"?

They're fishing for a certain subtype of desperate seller, who's selling their gun(s) because they need money ASAP, and who will take their lowball offer in exchange for a guaranteed quick sale.

Kind of a dick move, but I could see it actually working on occasion.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need new guns like I need a hole in my head. Cue the new HK USP Expert 45 I just sighted in today. Nice! That being said I sometimes offer a lower price because I don’t need it but at a certain price point I will buy. That’s why I ended up with so many 320’s. I actually don’t think floating lower, even lowball, offers is a dick move. It’s just business.

My dad before he passed wanted to move him and mom to a new smaller house. California mind you, expensive, and he owned 3 houses outright. He went into a couple dozen houses and made multiple low ball offers for cash. So low my brother in law stopped going with him because he thought it a waste of time and a bit embarrassing. And then he basically stole a house with his last offer. It’s just business and you won’t know if you don’t ask. Don’t like the bid? Reply no thanks or don’t respond. It really is that simple.

Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat:

Yep. That's why I respond politely and thank them for the offer; but, you nailed the reason. I guess it's always worth a shot.
They're fishing for a certain subtype of desperate seller, who's selling their gun(s) because they need money ASAP, and who will take their lowball offer in exchange for a guaranteed quick sale.

Kind of a dick move, but I could see it actually working on occasion.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post