SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another USPS Rant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another USPS Rant Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Ordered some Christmas presents from Copper River Fleece out of Cordova, Alaska. They make some very nice Alaska themed fleece clothing and blankets. Paid $32 for USPS priority shipping. Thinking at the time was that it was expensive but understandable with Cordova being remote. Cordova is in southeast Alaska on Prince William Sound. As the crew flies, not that far from Anchorage, 176 miles. No roads connect Cordova to anything else so access is only by sea or air.

Get my USPS tracking information, my package left Cordova and is sitting in Tacoma, Washington now. So yes, it's going from Alaska to Washington and then back to Alaska. So instead of 176 miles to Anchorage, It's going over 2,000 miles to Tacoma and then another 2,000 miles back to Alaska.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
No doubt it went through Anchorage together to Tacoma.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm right outside of Tacoma and have had mine go from Federal Way to Alaska several times.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Read all about it right here: Hub & Spoke Distribution Model

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post