SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Socks that don’t last
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Socks that don’t last Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Bendable is the forum Sock Czar...he recommended Thor-Lo years back and I'm still wearing them (course I do trim my toe nails every couple of months or so Wink Big Grin )

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You need socks made with merino wool. That means Darn Tough, Smartwool, Farm to Feet, etc.

They are expensive, but they do have a lifetime warranty. More importantly, they perform marvelously. I won't wear cheap socks after wearing merino wool socks. It feels like putting my feet in sand paper when I pull on a pair of my old cotton socks.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yup, get new, quality socks, and then you can put your old ones to good use:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading 7-year performance socks.

They are the only ones I’ve worn for years.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Darn Tough here. Excellent product.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m wearing a six year old pair of Wigwams right now. They look like they might make it ten. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Here you go. No more bitchin’ about bad socks!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3510084354

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
FoxRiver military from Amazon

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Compression Socks, especially those sold at Medical Supply shops. Take two pair and alternate them daily and wear some every single day for 24 hours and after 4 months you will be a bit stunned at how long lasting they are. BTW, my Copper compression socks purchased at Dick's only lasted 3 1/2 months but that still not bad at all. BTW, Compression socks can improve the circulation the the lower legs enough that they are actually WARMER in cold weather than regular socks.

I will also note that myself and others in my family have come to prefer Gold Toe socks over any other brand. They are the best bang for a buck out there for regular socks.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the recommendations. I've just received several Point6 and Darn Tough socks and am trying them both to see what works best for me. Appreciate the responses.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several pair of Under Armor socks that are pushing 3 years old. I wear them everyday with my boots. I replaced my 511 socks with them. Same price, some of the 511's did not last a month.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post