SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I feel incomplete without my pocket knife
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel incomplete without my pocket knife Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
While raking the leaves away from under the firebox of my smoker location this weekend (it just made returned trip to AL, it winters with us in MS) found a black Kershaw I lost early last year. I thought it was there, but even when looking around the same area was never able to find it. Wash off the dirt, a little oil, good to go - no rust.

I feel complete with one of my favorite pocket knives back!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I enjoy two things. My assortment of a few nice pocket knives. My sharing of similar quality pocket knives with my son-in-laws. I would hate to misplace a knife at a Richmond Flying Squirrels baseball game. Maybe there would be a way to put it in a camera bag under the camera gear. I know how you feel after carrying a ZT Gibbs knife for a few years. Now enjoying a Benchmade AFO II.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJRB:
Ouch that stings, isn't the 940 $180ish?
I gotta ask, what is a baby metal show, and did they end up having detectors?

Yeah, my 940 was somewhere around $180-$200 at that time. It took me a couple years until I could justify spending that kind of money on a knife again, but I've been much more careful about keeping my current one safe ever since then.

Babymetal is a somewhat odd Japanese band. Girls singing/dancing with J-pop vocals and a speed metal band backing them up. Its just one of those odd things that me and my kids happen to love. They did end up having metal detectors at the venue, so I'm glad I just left my knife in the car.

Actually, it was kinda funny. When I said something about it and dropped my 940 into the cup holder, my sister, who went with us, said, "I almost forgot!" and whips a very nice ZT with a frame lock out of her purse, then drops it next to mine. I like to think my preference for 'good' knives has worn off on her a little.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
While raking the leaves away from under the firebox of my smoker location this weekend (it just made returned trip to AL, it winters with us in MS) found a black Kershaw I lost early last year. I thought it was there, but even when looking around the same area was never able to find it. Wash off the dirt, a little oil, good to go - no rust.

I feel complete with one of my favorite pocket knives back!

Wew that's awesome you found it. Much better luck than me that's for sure.
Glad you're feeling whole again!!

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I enjoy two things. My assortment of a few nice pocket knives. My sharing of similar quality pocket knives with my son-in-laws. I would hate to misplace a knife at a Richmond Flying Squirrels baseball game. Maybe there would be a way to put it in a camera bag under the camera gear. I know how you feel after carrying a ZT Gibbs knife for a few years. Now enjoying a Benchmade AFO II.

My son isn't much of a knife guy yet. He's 20 know, I had picked him up a Spyderco for a birthday gift a couple years ago. He lost it in under a month. He hasnt seemed worried about replacing it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
quote:
Originally posted by AJRB:
Ouch that stings, isn't the 940 $180ish?
I gotta ask, what is a baby metal show, and did they end up having detectors?

Yeah, my 940 was somewhere around $180-$200 at that time. It took me a couple years until I could justify spending that kind of money on a knife again, but I've been much more careful about keeping my current one safe ever since then.

Babymetal is a somewhat odd Japanese band. Girls singing/dancing with J-pop vocals and a speed metal band backing them up. Its just one of those odd things that me and my kids happen to love. They did end up having metal detectors at the venue, so I'm glad I just left my knife in the car.

Actually, it was kinda funny. When I said something about it and dropped my 940 into the cup holder, my sister, who went with us, said, "I almost forgot!" and whips a very nice ZT with a frame lock out of her purse, then drops it next to mine. I like to think my preference for 'good' knives has worn off on her a little.

- Bret

NICE GO SIS!! you have most certainly rubbed of in a great way. I'm going to order a ZT tomorrow. Going with 0920 Les George model.
That band sounds super weird which I like. Ill see if I can fimd some youtubage of them. Very cool you share that band with your kids.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It amazes me how many people DO NOT carry a knife. It’s beyond my ability to comprehend.

Several years ago, I lost my favorite folding knife while hanging Christmas lights. The sense of loss I felt was very real. I found it again in the spring, after the snow melted. It’s in my pocket right now.

Yep. I feel as if I'm not whole if I don't have my folder clipped on my front pocket.
2 weeks ago I took my daughter to a concert and I left the knife in the car. I knew I had to or it would have been taken or I would have to throw it away.
The whole concert I was feeling for it. Just didn't feel right without it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post