SIGforum
All I Need To Finish The Rifle Is Two Parts!!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8880035574

October 13, 2020, 03:13 PM
Il Cattivo
All I Need To Finish The Rifle Is Two Parts!!
Waiting on a Radian Raptor SL and a Talon GI, both in OD Green just because that's what I decided I'd like. "Four months backlog, but could get lucky at any time depending on color." AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!

I know, First World problems and all, but it's just two dinky little parts! Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to shoot something else for a while. You know, living in the First World and all.
October 13, 2020, 06:36 PM
flesheatingvirus
I’ve been waiting to get two parts to finish my M14 for 10 years- the stock and scope. Of course, both of these will cost more than the rest of the rifle. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
October 13, 2020, 06:51 PM
CPD SIG
I feel your pain!
I'm waiting on a set of tritium sights and an LMT enhanced Bolt & BCG.

It's been 5 months... Roll Eyes

Talked to someone at LMT, who told me if I ordered it from LMT, it would be over a year wait. (They are focusing on their larger contracts, and getting stuff to Brownells et al, before individual orders) It's also the only two parts I've paid full price for on this build, so if this is all I have to complain about, I'm still way ahead of the game.

I can't wait for the fun and joy trying to get parts when I do an AR Pistol build... [/sarcasm]

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
October 13, 2020, 08:57 PM
nhracecraft
Black goes with EVERYTHING.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
October 14, 2020, 02:41 PM
whanson_wi
All I need is two parts: money and know-how. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
October 14, 2020, 09:39 PM
Aquabird
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I’ve been waiting to get two parts to finish my M14 for 10 years- the stock and scope. Of course, both of these will cost more than the rest of the rifle. Wink

M14? I thought it was AR 14

LOL. Good luck getting your projects done.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
October 15, 2020, 10:56 AM
08 Cayenne
Took me close to 4 years and $7k to get my M14 built. LRB, Ted Brown, TRW, Rader, Law483 stock..... took forever to collect the parts. It was worth the wait.
October 15, 2020, 12:57 PM
Il Cattivo
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Black goes with EVERYTHING.... Wink

Very, very true, and the difference in availability is stark. Having said that, I'm getting bored with green rifles now because I got bored with black rifles some years ago.
October 15, 2020, 03:38 PM
1KPerDay
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
are you looking for a particular or rare stock?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
October 16, 2020, 09:30 AM
shovelhead
I've been looking for a Government profile 20" AR barrel on and off for a stalled project. Before the pandemic it was difficult, 16's were all around, the ones I found were way over what I wanted to pay. Today, there are none to be had at any price.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
October 16, 2020, 09:57 PM
Il Cattivo
^^ Damn. For a brief shining moment, recently, Palmetto actually had some 20" FN CHF barrels. They're OOS again, though.
October 17, 2020, 08:26 AM
M1Garandy
Shovelhead and Il Cattivo, check your emails for a possible source that is currently showing as in stock.
October 23, 2020, 08:51 PM
shovelhead
M1Garandy, thank you. I have not checked my email for a few days but I'll do that right now. Just saw your post here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)