SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS again - This one no doubt tops them all!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS again - This one no doubt tops them all! Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Evidently the difference between 205 East Avenue B and 205 West Avenue B is of little importance to our Mail Carrier. We get mail for them and they get mail for us on a fairly regular basis. I’ve just started carrying theirs to their house several blocks away instead of involving the USPS further.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

If you have a problem with your mail carrier, the best solution is you run out into the street like a wild person and threaten them, having an object like a tire iron, hedge clippers etc really helps. Use phrases like "Motherfucker" and tell them "You'll never be on this route again", or "I aught to beat your ass", be creative.

And top it off by going up to the Post office and doing the same to the clerks at the front desk. You'll be amazed at the results.
Excellent advice! It has always worked well for me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Evidently the difference between 205 East Avenue B and 205 West Avenue B is of little importance to our Mail Carrier. We get mail for them and they get mail for us on a fairly regular basis. I’ve just started carrying theirs to their house several blocks away instead of involving the USPS further.

I regularly get stuff for a customer who can't pull his head out of his ass long enough to realize he has his stuff sent to the same address but on the south side of town instead of where he's located on the north side. Been dealing with his shit for over a year. Some people are just plain stupid.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

I regularly get stuff for a customer who can't pull his head out of his ass long enough to realize he has his stuff sent to the same address but on the south side of town instead of where he's located on the north side. Been dealing with his shit for over a year. Some people are just plain stupid.

Perhaps you should drive to his house with the tire iron and explain to him how things work! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
More bad news from the post office for me! Someone was able to apprehend my money order before it got to Tennessee. They altered the front of it changing the name and address. Good thing I took a picture of it before I sent it out. Post office fraud dept. is supposed to send me a form to hopefully get my money back. Stated they were going to prosecute if they could verify the culprit. (They have no idea how it was intercepted.)
Working on 3 months with no money and no item.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
More bad news from the post office for me! Someone was able to apprehend my money order before it got to Tennessee. They altered the front of it changing the name and address. Good thing I took a picture of it before I sent it out. Post office fraud dept. is supposed to send me a form to hopefully get my money back. Stated they were going to prosecute if they could verify the culprit. (They have no idea how it was intercepted.)
Working on 3 months with no money and no item.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Went through this with my local bank. Took 90 days to get the money back. Spent about 8 hours of my time. The amount of time and trouble it takes is ridiculous.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post