SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS again - This one no doubt tops them all!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS again - This one no doubt tops them all! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Yesterday, dropped off a package going out to AZ, Priority 3-days.

This morning, it said it was still waiting for the package.

Then, this evening, I got the tracking notice saying that it has been delivered. How can it possibly be, I thought to myself, right? Then, I looked again, closer. It was delivered at my mailbox! Man, I'm just furious. Of all the incompetence and stupidity that is the USPS that I had to deal with over the years, this without a doubt tops them all. Unbelievable! Mad

Will try again, tomorrow. Ya think they are going to eff it up again? Roll Eyes

Oh yeah, the pic of the package was taken tonight, after it was delivered,.................to me. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My current FedEx package started in Brownsville TX, stopped in Houston, then on to Northhampton PA (which appears to be middle of butt fuck PA), then to Sieverville TN, then to Olive Branch MS, to finally get back to Fort Worth TX, 8 days later for delivery to me by end of tomorrow the 9th day. I could have ridden my bicycle down and gotten it quicker.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I just completed a huge order shipping from multiple warehouses at rockauto.com. To ship everything via fedex was only a dollar more than usps. Guess which option I chose....

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My question is, how in the holy hell could this possibly have happened? Their scanning system would have told them where the package go next. And, that surely is not back to the original shipping address. Mad

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
LOL, same day service. Big Grin Can't wait for the result when you take it back.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

You're lucky they delivered it on May 29th because the Expected Delivery Date on the label is May 31st. Roll Eyes

They could have sat on it for two more days then delivered it to you Eek

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My question is, how in the holy hell could this possibly have happened? Their scanning system would have told them where the package go next. And, that surely is not back to the original shipping address.

My question is; Did the carrier not read the address & notice something was wrong?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
My company leased space in Feb that had been vacant for at least a year. All carriers started teying to deliver the former tenant's mail/packages to us. Had several conversations with all carriers. Determined former tenant moved 4 miles away and pointed all carriers to the new address. I have even spoken to the mail carrier on the former tenant's new route and the delivery supervisor at the post office.

I sent a self addressed stamped envelope to St. Louis, MO and put the new address in the to and from location. I even used an extra stamp just in case. Two weeks passed, and the former tenant mailed it to us from their new location...

Has to be in the running. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
At least it made it to one of the two addresses.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What's a B route? I've only seen C and R routes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
My question is, how in the holy hell could this possibly have happened?
USPS isn't exactly hiring the 'top brass' these days.

That is how. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Par for the course for these bastards. I sent a money order to Tenn. on 5-15-2019 and it never arrived.
I stopped today to try and cancel it and send a new one and they told me I have to wait 60 days before I can get a refund. In the mean time I can pay another 600 dollars and send a new one!!
Hope you have better luck.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear but I'm not surprised. It seems there is less caring by many at the USPS and other carriers like UPS, FedEx, etc. A lot is just laziness I think.

Case in point - had an email today from FedEx that a package was delivered today to my mailbox at the UPS store. On the line for who signed for it it has my name. As I'm at work 30 miles away I'm pretty sure I didn't sign for it.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I am adding to that!
I've got two orders in "Limbo" somewhere in Atlanta. I've even received stuff AFTER these two were "In Transit Arriving Late".

I filed inquiries with USPS and a day later got a "we'll look into it" email. Which I figure means "GO POUND SAND".

The two packages are over a week late.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put it back in your mailbox with Return to sender written on it in big letters, perhaps they'll then send it to the other address......or you'll just get it back in your mailbox 7 days later.....LOLOLOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't work for the Post Office. Don't have any relatives or friends who do. The bitching about the USPS here is absolutely deserved. However I do feel bad for the good employees (yes there are some) who get tainted with the stench of this crap from some employees. I understand that they have a very powerful union and it's difficult to remove or demote chronic poor performers.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That does take the cake. I shook my head and chuckled. Sorry man.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Incompetent! I've been waiting two weeks for a USPS package, says "arriving late " without any other info.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did get a letter twenty three years later. The postmaster phoned me before he put it in my PO box. It turns out that the local post office was adding additional boxes at the bottom of the wall, and there it was. My box was at the top and he believes the letter was trapped in the wall.
I told him it would make a good story for the paper. He sort of chuckled and I guessed that was the purpose of his call. He said I did not want you to think it was just sitting on a desk somewhere. I asked if there was money in it and he hemmed and hawed. There was a 200 check enclosed which of course was no good.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What's a B route? I've only seen C and R routes.

B ack to ya?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post