SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
CBS is airing the classic stop motion special TONIGHT, NOVEMBER 28!

I enjoy the Burl Ives classic, and let my boys (5 & 6) watch it, but in NOVEMBER? C'mon man! At least wait til Dec 1.

ETA: Crap, I mean to post this in the What's Your Deal section. Please move if you can.

Posts: 5754 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I know I enjoy it. Not sure why...

birth by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
but in NOVEMBER? C'mon man! At least wait til Dec 1.

I'm OK with it as long as it's after Thanksgiving.
I turned around and walked out of a few stores here that has Christmas music playing in early November.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3847 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
it's the only album I play on Christmas morning.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, the classic story about making fun of someone with a perceived disability until you find them useful.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Natasha and Rudolph were looking out of their front window in Moscow.
Natasha: Look honey, it's snowing.
Rudolph: No, I think that's rain.
Natasha: It's snow.
Rudolph: Rain
Natasha: Snow
Rudolph: Hey, Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

(Big Grin)

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Natasha and Rudolph were looking out of their front window in Moscow.
Natasha: Look honey, it's snowing.
Rudolph: No, I think that's rain.
Natasha: It's snow.
Rudolph: Rain
Natasha: Snow
Rudolph: Hey, Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear.

Version I remember is Boris & Natasha are in Red Square arguing about what's falling from the sky...
They argue until Boris finally says "I was watching the weather forecast last night, and Rudolph, the red, knows rain, dear."

I never met a pun I didn't like.

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
slight highjack. Putin signed his kids up for lessons at the Moscow yacht club.

wait for it....

He wanted to have his Red Sons in the Sail Set. Big Grin

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
My DVR spontaneously recored it, my daughter who is 19 months has not seen TV yet and we are debating on let her watch it. She LOVES this deer with a red nose, Chuck Berry Rockin' Reindeer song is her favorite song and we have a blow up Rudy in the front yard.

Pretty sure she won't get to see the tube, she seems smarter than the average kid her age and I really think its the TV.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rudolph was created by an employee of Montgomery Ward, Robert L. May in about 1939. I worked for Montgomery Ward in the early 1960's and in about 1963 I had to go to Mr. May's house in Chicago and pick up the original Rudolph so that he could be displayed at The large MW store in Randhurst Shopping Center, Mount Prospect, Illinois for the Christmas Holidays.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post