SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My doc told me I was fat.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My doc told me I was fat. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Not only that but she said my BMI had just passed 30, so I was now officially obese. Yeah, no shit. How could I not have noticed?

I started to point out to her that she was so skinny she made Huma Abedin look like John Pinette and that she probably had to jump around in the shower to get wet. (But I didn't.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Round is a shape!

Had a doc tell me once I needed to quit smoking. I suggested he take his own advice. We laughed then went out for a smoke break.

I quit smoking 8 years ago, at least 12 years after the smoke with the doc.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My doc tells me I'm fat all the time. Not directly but he keeps telling me I should be at 160lbs for my height. I'm 200lbs and only 6' tall. Yes, I know I could lose maybe 10-15, but quit telling me to get down to 160.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
"You would blow away in a stiff breeze."

"When you turn sideways you disappear."

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she could blow away alright. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be afraid to ask for a second opinion...

Think Rodney Dangerfield. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I got that.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Truth don't care about your feelings. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm NOT fat - just a little short for my weight.

Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I'm NOT fat - just a little short for my weight.

Nice

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My doc tells me I'm fat all the time. Not directly but he keeps telling me I should be at 160lbs for my height. I'm 200lbs and only 6' tall. Yes, I know I could lose maybe 10-15, but quit telling me to get down to 160.

160 would put you near the bottom of the normal range and 180 near the top. I think your assessment is not far off. It's not like your current BMI of 27 is deadly.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You look just fine to me Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They changed the index so everybody is a balloon. Makes it easier to sell pills and shame everyone with social media. The only folks that meet the new guidelines are under 25, go to the gym every day, or have tapeworms. I thought about getting a gym membership, but that pesky day job keeps my schedule full.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I used to be 6 feet on the button. Age, wear and tear have worn me down to a touch over 5-11. I weigh right at 200# in my birfday suit.

Doc told me a couple of years ago that he wanted to see me at 175. He seemed a little affronted by the gales of laughter erupting from my helpless form flailing about on the floor of the exam room.

When I could breathe again I told him "Doc, I haven't weighed 175 since I was a Junior in High School." I did get down to 185 and several people asked me if I was ill. I looked like hell. I find 195-200 is a good weight for me, and my new Doc is okay with that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that the average adult man in America weighs 198 pounds and the average adult woman weighs 170, both with an average BMI of over 29.
America is dangerously unhealthy and needs to get in shape.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 6/4 and go 240 - nekkid. My doc wants me to be at 185.
And make that pizza to go, please.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16060 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the BMI, I too am obese... 6'4" 260 lbs... 18% body fat. Sure, I could use a few. Maybe I'll make that my New Years resolution.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Shugart, you need some perspective. First, was that female doc so good looking that you keep her even when faced with the obvious fact that she's crazy? Remember, any woman can be replaced, particularly ones you're not sleeping with.

Now lets discuss your weight for a minute. Did she weigh you on her office scale? Were you fully dressed? (yuck, I don't want the image of you nekkid) Point out if you will she only has a poorly insulated idea of your real weight. Why would you want everyone that see's you to think you're sick? Everyone who knows you feels you're a real sicko, but that's mental illness.

So cheer up. Does your dog think you're too fat to walk with?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
BMI is some of the biggest bullshit on the planet. I'm "obese" with you, as well.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Isn’t “obese” just the medical term for “pleasantly plump?”

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post