SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's up with my computer??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with my computer?? Login/Join 
posted
Suddenly, I am getting "redirected" to various sites - mostly retail, when I am perusing most of my favorite sites. Did I download some virus!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Try a different browser.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Yep; some sort of malware.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Run malwarebytes.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
go to malwarebytes.com and download adwcleaner and malwarebytes. both are free.

run adwcleaner first, scan everything, quarantine and delete everything.

it will force a reboot

then install malwarebytes and scan for anything left.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
An AV like Malwarebytes is an excellent start and may be all you need.
However, a few other things depending on your OS.
An infected hosts file could be populated with misdirections.
This needs to be checked > link
Additionally, you should clear your browser cache and also clear your DNS cache .
Also IF you are going to an URL from a saved link, this can be appended and should be deleted.
Enter the URL directly (in browser NOT in a Google search Eek) and then make a shortcut from any successful entry.
Good Luck

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post