SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon scam, warehouse deals. Bummer.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon scam, warehouse deals. Bummer. Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It's a common scam for Amazon returns: They buy an item, replace it with knockoff, and return the knockoff for full refund.

Minimum wage warehouse return workers can't be expected to know the ins and outs of every little detail of every product Amazon sells.
Common problem in brick and mortar retail.

Something goes kaput on something you own. Go buy a complete new unit, remove part you need from new unit, install your bad part in new unit, return new unit for refund. Reason for return - "oh, mine started working again." Wink

Fucking assholes. I can see this becoming a big problem for Amazon, if it ain't already.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's a drop ship from the manufacturer, that's why the long delay. I would have gotten in from them if I knew it would take so long.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just FYI-not minimum wage. Amazon starts warehouse workers at 14 bucks an hour down here.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I just bought a smart lock from Lowe’s. Ron it home and it was obviously used and parts were missing. The instructions in the box were for a completely different lock. This happens everywhere.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post