SIGforum
Forum posts that annoy me:

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8790018534

January 08, 2018, 01:07 PM
bendable
Forum posts that annoy me:
there are four members that post 6 or 8 times a year .

only when they need help with a purchase or have a problem of some sort.

they almost never tell us the out come, they don't post helpful stuff for other people , they don't attempt to assist others when they need it,
and only on rare occasions do they offer a thank you .

I quit with them two years ago

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
January 08, 2018, 02:32 PM
2Adefender
It would be nice if folks posting in the Classifieds would show in their subject line whether they want to buy, sell or trade. How about using the traditional WTB or WTS, or WTT in the subject line?

The click bait stuff is definitely annoying, too.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
January 08, 2018, 03:48 PM
RogB
At least I haven't seen anyone post "that'll buff right out" after it was included in a collection of annoying/stupid phrases.

But it would be refreshing if some folks could stop saying loosing when they mean losing. That might be a harder nut to crack. It's not just in SF, it's an epidemic on the net.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
January 08, 2018, 05:25 PM
mikeyspizza
This!Mad
January 08, 2018, 05:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"So what do WE like for XYZ".

This is one of my top pet peeves. Roll Eyes

Q

January 08, 2018, 05:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
This!Mad

Damn you! Mad

Q

January 08, 2018, 05:43 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
It would be nice if folks posting in the Classifieds would show in their subject line whether they want to buy, sell or trade. How about using the traditional WTB or WTS, or WTT in the subject line?
Yeah, and how 'bout editing the title to say "SOLD" or "SPF?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 08, 2018, 05:43 PM
V-Tail
quote:
This!Mad
Bastage

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 08, 2018, 06:51 PM
rburg
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
This!Mad
Bastage

Quit yer bitch'n. I was wondering how long it would be till someone Rick rolled us. Seems like the perfect thread for it. Better still, how long did you listen before you realized you were had?

Unhappy ammo seeker
January 08, 2018, 08:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
quote:
This!Mad
Bastage

Quit yer bitch'n. I was wondering how long it would be till someone Rick rolled us. Seems like the perfect thread for it. Better still, how long did you listen before you realized you were had?

With V-Tail hard of hearing, probably until the very end. Razz

Q

January 09, 2018, 02:46 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
quote:
This!Mad
Bastage
With V-Tail hard of hearing, probably until the very end. Razz
Actually, I have never made it to the end. This time it was about 43 honkoseconds.

Definition: honkosecond -- the shortest interval of time that can be measured. A honkosecond is the slice of time from when the traffic light turns green until the NYC cab driver behind you honks his horn.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 09, 2018, 04:27 AM
fau
I don't like the "Who" posts:

"Oprah gave quite a speech the other evening."

"Who?"

"Nick Saban is the best of all time."

"Who?"

January 09, 2018, 07:16 AM
YellowJacket
The worst are "who?" posts. As in, a thread is about a pop culture figure and everyone wants to show how cool they are by announcing that they've never heard of the thread subject.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
January 09, 2018, 10:19 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Definition: honkosecond -- the shortest interval of time that can be measured. A honkosecond is the slice of time from when the traffic light turns green until the NYC cab driver behind you honks his horn.

I thought "New York Heartbeat" was the shortest interval of time know to person.

(Notice how I updated that so as not to be sexist or promote male privilege?)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
January 09, 2018, 10:25 AM
apprentice
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The worst are "who?" posts. As in, a thread is about a pop culture figure and everyone wants to show how cool they are by announcing that they've never heard of the thread subject.

Concur.
Always strikes me as "I'm (somehow) better than anyone that knows who that celebrity is."

And no doubt they are aware of what crashing bores they are, as they seem to take such pride in it.
January 10, 2018, 12:38 PM
trapper189
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"So what do WE like for XYZ".

This is one of my top pet peeves. Roll Eyes

I like these threads. They bring names of things I've never heard of. For example, I just my Knipex pliers should show up today. If not for the thread, I would never have known they existed and would have kept chewing up things with a channel locks.
January 10, 2018, 02:21 PM
Georgeair
Click bait is the worst, and I'm surprised nobody gets the message.

Close second (tie) is cross posting and the request for help with something actually interesting and not giving any update/feedback post-resolution. Remember the old boat guy? I still want to know....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

January 11, 2018, 09:14 AM
radioman
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Concur.
Always strikes me as "I'm (somehow) better than anyone that knows who that celebrity is."

And no doubt they are aware of what crashing bores they are, as they seem to take such pride in it.

I guess I'm guilty of this. But honestly, I don't watch network or cable TV, and I see very few movies. I honestly didn't know who Kevin Spacey is. Just never saw his films.

Maybe when you get to a certain age, you just lose track of the latest in pop culture.

All the music I listen to is from at least 25 years ago Smile

To give you an idea of the TV I do watch, well, I'm watching episodes of "Movin' On" and "Twilight Zone" via Prime.

Yes, I'm a bore.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
January 11, 2018, 09:33 AM
ScorpionBoy
Even if you are developmentally arrested you can still type a query into a search engine.
January 11, 2018, 12:14 PM
RAMIUS
My personal favorites are the forum "know-it-alls".

I especially like when they get in arguments with each other over who knows more about stupid shit.

They usually come off as pompous ass clowns. I think there are 4-5 forum "know-it-alls".