SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Forum posts that annoy me:
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Forum posts that annoy me: Login/Join 
Member
Picture of bendable
posted Hide Post
there are four members that post 6 or 8 times a year .

only when they need help with a purchase or have a problem of some sort.

they almost never tell us the out come, they don't post helpful stuff for other people , they don't attempt to assist others when they need it,
and only on rare occasions do they offer a thank you .

I quit with them two years ago





Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.



Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
 
Posts: 46361 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if folks posting in the Classifieds would show in their subject line whether they want to buy, sell or trade. How about using the traditional WTB or WTS, or WTT in the subject line?

The click bait stuff is definitely annoying, too.


_________________________
2nd Amendment Defender - NRA member

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
 
Posts: 9356 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
At least I haven't seen anyone post "that'll buff right out" after it was included in a collection of annoying/stupid phrases.

But it would be refreshing if some folks could stop saying loosing when they mean losing. That might be a harder nut to crack. It's not just in SF, it's an epidemic on the net.


_______________________________________

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
 
Posts: 829 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 2506 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"So what do WE like for XYZ".

This is one of my top pet peeves. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 15493 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
This!Mad

Damn you! Mad
 
Posts: 15493 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
It would be nice if folks posting in the Classifieds would show in their subject line whether they want to buy, sell or trade. How about using the traditional WTB or WTS, or WTT in the subject line?
Yeah, and how 'bout editing the title to say "SOLD" or "SPF?"



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18021 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
This!Mad
Bastage



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18021 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
This!Mad
Bastage


Quit yer bitch'n. I was wondering how long it would be till someone Rick rolled us. Seems like the perfect thread for it. Better still, how long did you listen before you realized you were had?


Unhappy ammo seeker
 
Posts: 16201 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
This!Mad
Bastage


Quit yer bitch'n. I was wondering how long it would be till someone Rick rolled us. Seems like the perfect thread for it. Better still, how long did you listen before you realized you were had?

With V-Tail hard of hearing, probably until the very end. Razz
 
Posts: 15493 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
This!Mad
Bastage
Quit yer bitch'n. I was wondering how long it would be till someone Rick rolled us. Seems like the perfect thread for it. Better still, how long did you listen before you realized you were had?
With V-Tail hard of hearing, probably until the very end. Razz
Actually, I have never made it to the end. This time it was about 43 honkoseconds.

Definition: honkosecond -- the shortest interval of time that can be measured. A honkosecond is the slice of time from when the traffic light turns green until the NYC cab driver behind you honks his horn.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18021 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I don't like the "Who" posts:

"Oprah gave quite a speech the other evening."

"Who?"

"Nick Saban is the best of all time."

"Who?"


_______________________________________
Sailing on and off the mooring - sometimes.
 
Posts: 2715 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The worst are "who?" posts. As in, a thread is about a pop culture figure and everyone wants to show how cool they are by announcing that they've never heard of the thread subject.



"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."
 
Posts: 8386 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Definition: honkosecond -- the shortest interval of time that can be measured. A honkosecond is the slice of time from when the traffic light turns green until the NYC cab driver behind you honks his horn.

I thought "New York Heartbeat" was the shortest interval of time know to person.

(Notice how I updated that so as not to be sexist or promote male privilege?)




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"Whenever somebody uses 'liberal,' when what they really mean is 'leftist,' they immediately lose my attention." -- Me
 
Posts: 13745 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The worst are "who?" posts. As in, a thread is about a pop culture figure and everyone wants to show how cool they are by announcing that they've never heard of the thread subject.


Concur.
Always strikes me as "I'm (somehow) better than anyone that knows who that celebrity is."

And no doubt they are aware of what crashing bores they are, as they seem to take such pride in it.
 
Posts: 5886 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"So what do WE like for XYZ".

This is one of my top pet peeves. Roll Eyes


I like these threads. They bring names of things I've never heard of. For example, I just my Knipex pliers should show up today. If not for the thread, I would never have known they existed and would have kept chewing up things with a channel locks.
 
Posts: 3777 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Click bait is the worst, and I'm surprised nobody gets the message.

Close second (tie) is cross posting and the request for help with something actually interesting and not giving any update/feedback post-resolution. Remember the old boat guy? I still want to know....



You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

 
Posts: 8424 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The worst are "who?" posts. As in, a thread is about a pop culture figure and everyone wants to show how cool they are by announcing that they've never heard of the thread subject.


Concur.
Always strikes me as "I'm (somehow) better than anyone that knows who that celebrity is."

And no doubt they are aware of what crashing bores they are, as they seem to take such pride in it.


I guess I'm guilty of this. But honestly, I don't watch network or cable TV, and I see very few movies. I honestly didn't know who Kevin Spacey is. Just never saw his films.

Maybe when you get to a certain age, you just lose track of the latest in pop culture.

All the music I listen to is from at least 25 years ago Smile

To give you an idea of the TV I do watch, well, I'm watching episodes of "Movin' On" and "Twilight Zone" via Prime.

Yes, I'm a bore.


.
 
Posts: 6921 | Location: Sunset Highway MP37, then turn South | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Even if you are developmentally arrested you can still type a query into a search engine.
 
Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My personal favorites are the forum "know-it-alls".

I especially like when they get in arguments with each other over who knows more about stupid shit.

They usually come off as pompous ass clowns. I think there are 4-5 forum "know-it-alls".


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be unpredictable at times. Only boring, dull-witted people never stray from the path. - Para

Totus Tuus

 
Posts: 4762 | Location: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Forum posts that annoy me:

© SIGforum 2018