SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Surprising opinions from gun owners regarding the NRA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprising opinions from gun owners regarding the NRA Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's the name of the club?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The "hunting guns" attitude reminds me of this t-shirt:

quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Dad250:
This type of sentiment is also a function of the strategy to divide the sportsman aka hunters from the other gun owners. So if you hear something along the lines of " Hunting guns are ok, but that ( insert here ) gun - well no one needs that one". We need to stand united to protect our rights to all legal guns usages.

I remind the Fudds that today They want my AR, tomorrow They'll be coming for your Winchester.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Question comes to mind is were they actually shooters/prospective members or just anti's "fishing"?

This statement reminds me of a FB encounter I had.
"It started with Obama, folks were so afraid of being called “racist” that they would start their Obama rants with, “I like this about him, but...”

A longtime friend since elementary school whom I do not share the same political beliefs posted some meme that stated "Anyone who does not like the President is a racist".

I posted a comment "You are wrong, I'm not racist. I dislike his white half too."

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be another one of those threads with people bitching about the amount of mail or phone calls they get from the NRA and how as a result of it, they are not going to renew. I remind them that without the NRA, they would be duck hunting or defending their homes with a bow and arrow. People don't understand what dangerous times these are for gunowners and how we are under attack. I was talking to the owner of a new state of the art gun range yesterday, who said their Facebook page is being edited and how many videos are quietly deleted from YouTube. You won't totally agree with any organization but who else is taking on the gun grabbers. I have met several people in the upper ranks including LaPierre. They impress me as good honest folks, who share our respect for the 2nd Amendment and are dedicated to defending it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Did you do your duty and disarm them, then when questioned say "If the liberals have already taken your balls, why cant I take your guns, its not like youll use OR need them."

I asked them to go ahead and sell their shit off and turn in their man cards. Also told the guy with the arm tats to get those removed.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's the name of the club?

Governors Gun Club in Kennesaw.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Question comes to mind is were they actually shooters/prospective members or just anti's "fishing”?

One was a club employee. I’m not sure of the rest.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Question comes to mind is were they actually shooters/prospective members or just anti's "fishing”?

One was a club employee. I’m not sure of the rest.

I would complain to the club. If that didn't work, and it is legal to do so in your state, I would have a second conversation with the employee, but I would record it. I would send a copy to the owner and give him a chance to make it right. If not, post it on social media.

In today's enviornment, you are either with us or against us.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The simple answer is there are idiots everywhere...
And just because you own a gun and shoot it does not exclude you.

few years back when Obama was pushing for his gun control I was at my gun club having a discussion with two other shooters and one guy said what we really needed was someone in charge of BATFE who knew which guns were okay and which weren't...."A knowledgable Gun Czar" it took me a moment to actually realize he was not making a joke....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Easily manipulated and brainwashed sheep like these are what will eventually kill us all. Mad

I should have asked these people if they would bend over and give up their firearms if gun bans are passed. With their statements, I would think they gladly do so, say "Thank you, sir. May I have another?" and point out everyone who has one.

Perhaps a better question to them would be, "Then why do you have guns at all?"

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post