SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Surprising opinions from gun owners regarding the NRA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprising opinions from gun owners regarding the NRA Login/Join 
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted
This weekend, a local gun club in Atlanta had a grand opening for it's new facility. I decided to check it out. It's a very impressive facility with a 100 yard indoor rifle range. Of course, I joined the club.

While I was looking around, I was talking to a few people who were also looking around. In our conversations about what is going on in the country, the NRA was brought up. One person made the comment that he thought the NRA was a terrorist organization because they like to play on everyone's fears. Another person said he's buying more Yeti gear (it was on clearance at the club store) because it pisses off the NRA. Others didn't seem to care whether the NRA stuck around. WTF!

I do not agree with all that the NRA does but I still support the organization because of what it does. The NRA is the 500 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to opposing gun control. I'm not sure where the hell these people are coming from. I can only assume these people don't give a damn whether their 2A rights disappear or not. So am I missing something here?

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle:

...So am I missing something here?

Nope. Their attitude is at best puzzling.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
So am I missing something here?

Nope.

These are idiots who watch, listen to and read far too much dominant "news" media, I would guess.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
So am I missing something here?

Nope.

These are idiots who watch, listen to and read far too much dominant "news" media, I would guess.

Perhaps that. It floored me these people had this viewpoint. Terrorist organization? What dope are you smokin'?

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it hard to talk to them when their heads were so far up their A_ses?

I know of no organization that is perfect and the NRA is far from it. But, anyone that says it is a terrorist org, well there is no sense in taking to that idiot.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can only shake my head in wonderment when I see similar attitudes expressed here. I don’t know anyone who believes that the people who have run the organization over the years have been perfect, but without the NRA we would be lucky to enjoy the gun rights that people do in places like Australia and Canada, not to mention the rest of the world. Think about what would have happened if they hadn’t been as effective as they have been. The original National Rifle Association was a British organization established 12 years before ours, and according to Wikipedia currently has about 23,000 members: What might have been here.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Those people are too stupid to be trusted with firearms.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
They are unwittingly succumbing to the liberal media blitz, such as the organization responsible for the abomination below. Memes and sound-bites have replaced critical thinking, and the enemy knows it. I doubt if many of those gun owners can explain how they arrived at their conclusions, other than they saw it on a billboard.

The NRA is deep in a massive counter-offensive, and once again fighting for our gun rights. Are they perfect, do I agree with everything they say and do? Of course not, but the focus right now is on holding the line, and they are still our main line of defense.

[p.s. I see you are a Patron member. I just upgraded my own life membership to Patron, supporting the cause as best I can.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Easily manipulated and brainwashed sheep like these are what will eventually kill us all. Mad

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Easily manipulated and brainwashed sheep like these are what will eventually kill us all. Mad

I should have asked these people if they would bend over and give up their firearms if gun bans are passed. With their statements, I would think they gladly do so, say "Thank you, sir. May I have another?" and point out everyone who has one.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I bet they watch their news on CNN and MSNBC. Roll Eyes

I know it is not fun but we should at least try to engage some of them in rational conversation if possible and make them understand the progressives will not stop at just banning AR-15s, rather that would be their starting point and that the progressives are who labeled the NRA a terrorist organization over their hatred for law abiding citizens owning any firearms and their commitment to repeal the Second Amendment. If they are hard core leftists though that would probably be a waste of time.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Were they also Butters?

You know, "I support the Second Amendment, buuuuuuuttttttttt..." and then they say something outlandish, like comparing an AR15 to an ICBM?

Is the NRA perfect? No. Do they do everything I want? No. But they're the massive gorilla that keeps the anti-liberty coalition busy, meanwhile some of the smaller gun rights organizations are able to slip in the back and get some things done, especially at the local level.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Those people are too stupid to be trusted with firearms.

Or their own brains.

Me: "Fuck off." (About face with middle finger raised)

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I believe that most people, especially conservatives do not like being on the side of unpopular opinion.

It started with Obama, folks were so afraid of being called “racist” that they would start their Obama rants with, “I like this about him, but...”

Now I am seeing the same thing with Guns. Rather than being as ‘in your face’ as those looking to take their guns, instead they try to smooth things over by starting any gun conversation with, “Hey man! I agree with you on the NRA, they need to change their ways! Etc. Etc.”

At the end of the day we need to remember that “they” want our guns period. Giving them any quarter on our opinions only helps them to dig their heels in further.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Did you do your duty and disarm them, then when questioned say "If the liberals have already taken your balls, why cant I take your guns, its not like youll use OR need them."

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
What I see is the Old Media are our country's most corrosive element and, by their own standards, would in fact be the terrorist organization.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I could not be prouder to belong to the NRA as a Life Member.
I would have to think very hard and look very carefully to find what I don't like or agree with them.
I suppose there is something but why kill yourself looking for that needle?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
The gun club I belong to requires NRA membership as a condition of annual membership and renewal.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
This type of sentiment is also a function of the strategy to divide the sportsman aka hunters from the other gun owners. So if you hear something along the lines of " Hunting guns are ok, but that ( insert here ) gun - well no one needs that one". We need to stand united to protect our rights to all legal guns usages.

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Posts: 550 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dad250:
This type of sentiment is also a function of the strategy to divide the sportsman aka hunters from the other gun owners. So if you hear something along the lines of " Hunting guns are ok, but that ( insert here ) gun - well no one needs that one". We need to stand united to protect our rights to all legal guns usages.

I remind the Fudds that today They want my AR, tomorrow They'll be coming for your Winchester.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post