SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS strikes again... (Update)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS strikes again... (Update) Login/Join 
posted
A small package (radio tubes) mailed to me first class from Mesa, Arizona last Thursday, went to Phoenix, then back to Mesa and is now in Los Angeles today, "on it's way to destination".

Where that is, I don't know?

BTW, I'm in Tucson, some 100 miles from Mesa.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GWbiker,

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
They don't know where Tucson is, so they keep shooting in the dark. They figure if it doesn't come back, they hit it.

If it arrives at my place I'll send it to you.
Wait a minute; where is Tucson? Big Grin

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
They're using a dart board. It's just a matter of time that Tucson gets one. Good luck.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Hope they weren't Gold Lions or Western Electric. I has a quad of 12AX7 telefunkens shipped,
2 survived.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
Hope they weren't Gold Lions or Western Electric. I has a quad of 12AX7 telefunkens shipped,
2 survived.

Telefunken (German) radio tubes...the "Holy Grail" of radio tubes.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Last year I had a Three Day Priority package sent to me from a small town in New Mexico. Item while not expensive had a lot of sentimental value to me, a piece of the original fire pole and a hose nozzle from the department I served at in the 1980's.

It got lost. Shipper and I both started inquires. My first response from the local P.O. was "Good news, it made it as far as Albuquerque". Three weeks later suddenly it showed up on my doorstep, box beat to no end, retaped and patched.

At least it arrived.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I bought a book online over two weeks ago. It bounced all over Northern IL (I am in Marion, IL, about 300 miles from Chicago) for over a week, then went to Detroit! I see this morning it finally made it to my local post office. Now if they just don't send it to NYC. . .

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This is one we still haven't received, the March 17th note is the last one after going back and forth to the same facilities. Postal worker, " we not know where it's is"..

The wife wants me to do something, my only solution is to burn the place down Mad

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My long lost package is now somewhere in Tucson. USPS tracking claimed delivery would be late Wednesday, but no package arrived.

Maybe, Thursday....hell it's only been one week since it left the vendor.

posted Hide Post
The best\worse I ever heard was a domestic package going overseas to Europe.

Personally- I've shipped probably 1000 things over the years and the one the Post Office Lost was shipped the shortest distance ever- 16 miles. Redmond Wa to Freemont Wa.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the package this morning. Contents are OK. USPS Supervisor phoned me this afternoon to inquire on delivery and ask me to post an online opinion.

Yeah, right!!

I told him a seven day first class delivery from a vendor 100 miles away from me would not be a favorable post when I get USPS 2 day Priority delivery from vendors in Ohio.

posted Hide Post
The USPS made a mistake by offering tracking. It just adds to customer frustration knowing how many errors are made. Money could have been sent upgrading other things that would have enhanced the delivery of the mail.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try to never order from anyone if USPS is the only mode of shipping. The last time I missed a delivery and had to go to the post office, I stood in line for hours. I’m convinced they are all drinking coffee and watching the Oprah Channel back there. There seems to be very few of them interested in helping anyone.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
A small package (radio tubes) mailed to me first class from Mesa, Arizona last Thursday, went to Phoenix, then back to Mesa and is now in Los Angeles today, "on it's way to destination".

Where that is, I don't know?

BTW, I'm in Tucson, some 100 miles from Mesa.

We have the same issue up here in Flagstaff. Its kinda a pain in the ass. send something across town and it bounces all over Arizona. Got my W2's this year in pieces. I try to use FedEx and UPS whenever possible.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."

--General George S. Patton

Posts: 1210 | Location: Flagstaff, AZ | Registered: May 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
It's a "binary Sort"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our postal system has lost its mind.
I used to say the Post office is one of the few govt. run things that actually works right. Not anymore. Now in our state, they opened a centralized post office for our mail to sent to before they go where they are supposed to.
If I mail a letter in our small town that is to go to our county seat, 5 miles from my house, it goes 90miles south to Columbus before it comes back 90 miles. If I drive 3 miles and mail it, it goes direct. Mail something to an address 6 miles away and it takes 3-4 days.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The USPS announced that, as a result of the pandemic thing, they'd be reducing deliveries to every-other-day in certain zip codes in our area. Fair enough. Tough times and all that.

I ordered something from a place in Kentucky, a mere two states away, on Thursday after noon, specifying Priority Mail. Should have taken 2-3 days.

Here we are, three days later (not counting Sunday), and now it's showing "In Transit, Arriving Late. Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." Hasn't even hit one of the local sorting facilities, yet

Then again: That entry is dated yesterday, so maybe it's just their tracking that's screwed up--again.

In retrospect, perhaps I should have chosen UPS Ground for an additional $2. I figured Priority Mail would be faster.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will this affect PO boxes???

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Will this affect PO boxes???

Dunno. They said "mail delivery."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post