SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS strikes again... (Update)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS strikes again... (Update) Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
ZSMICHAEL,

I had a new incident last week. I drive a Dodge Pro Master, it's a big van with a sliding cargo door. Bear in mind, this is while the COVID-19 was still peaking, and nobody knows what the hell is going on. Everyone is on edge, and the best course of action carriers can do is just practice "social distance". For the first few weeks, we still had people opening up their doors and walking towards us to get their mail. I put a stop to that very quick. I would just stop, and ask them to go back inside, so I could leave their mail in the mailbox. If they continued walking towards me, I would just set their mail down on whatever was closest. I haven't had any interactions like that in quite awhile. I don't wear a mask on my route, except in my apartment buildings, and that's more just to keep people at a distance. They seem to understand a little more that I don't want them close to me if I'm wearing a mask. Apartment people are notorious for hanging around bullshitting while you sort the mail into mailboxes. In confined spaces, that is not good in our current situation.

I pulled in front of a customer's house, he had a few large packages. I had my sliding door open, and I was inside sorting this customers mail to drop it off at his house. All of the sudden, I hear a voice, "Is that package for me? I just got out of the emergency room." I was pissed. First of all, why are you almost inside my truck, 2 feet away from me, after you just got out of the emergency room?

I know the guy, so I didn't go off on him. And his wife is going through chemo. But shit, people don't know if or what I have been exposed to, so just stay away, and let me do my job.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I walked out to the end of the driveway to meet the UPS guy the other day. (100 ft. long d'way. Figured to save him some steps.) But I stopped better than six feet from his truck. He grabbed my package, stepped off the truck, and held it out at arm's length. I stepped up to w/in arms length of the package, took it from him, and stepped back.

Shot the breeze with him for a minute. Turned out to also be a "gun guy" Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I've had excellent service from USPS at home and business for decades.

Local offices, one is staffed with wonderfully helpful efficient folks, the other? Nope.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REALLY????? Who would buy this???

Extended History. Purchase the extended tracking history for your item to be sent via email upon request. Choose the length of time you would like to extend access to this tracking history and select for purchase. You can only purchase extended history once, so all orders are final and are not eligible for a refund. Based on your tracking number, your regular tracking history is available only until August 20, 2020 without this purchase. You may purchase Premium Tracking for only one tracking number at a time.

6 Months

$2.10

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they wonder why they cannot make money and are broke?

We got a package 4 days ago that looked liked someone kicked it all the way from where it came from to our house.
It is a good thing that there were only cloth goods in the box, it was wasted. Someone had put some tape on it so it would stay shut after it was destroyed and that tape was almost tore off.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Yeah, they wonder why they cannot make money and are broke?

We got a package 4 days ago that looked liked someone kicked it all the way from where it came from to our house.
It is a good thing that there were only cloth goods in the box, it was wasted. Someone had put some tape on it so it would stay shut after it was destroyed and that tape was almost tore off.

I got a package for someone today, new golf club, guess how I knew. The box was in pieces by the time I got it. It was an Amazon package, it was probably crushed at the bottom of the pallet by all the other over weight shit they stack on top of -whatever- is at the bottom.
I know it's annoying, but that's not why the PO is hemorrhaging money.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
USPS is my preferred shipper. However, they are far from perfect. There have been issues over the decades but the most recent one is really confusing. It took over a week for a small package to travel from Boise ID to Denver CO. Must have been the lack of pony express stations or horses!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had two USPS delivery persons who spoiled us. One knew everyone in the complex and would receive from me a case of Beer each Christmas, the other, female, would receive bottles of cold drink from me on hot days. She's now pregnant and on leave. (No, not by me)

So, now we get the USPS "Old Grey Bitch from hell" who complains daily to apartment management if anyone stands around waiting for their mail while she takes forever to fill the boxes. Waiting for a package? She says come back when I'm finished. Or, come back tomorrow.

I feel another trip to the local Post Office branch to speak with a Supervisor is necessary.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel another trip to the local Post Office branch to speak with a Supervisor is necessary.

^^^^^^^^^
That shit never works. Find out what the new mail lady likes and do it. I do not blame you for complaining but it has NEVER produced results with the USPS.(I have 45 years of experience to back that up}. I bet some of her coworkers know what would influence her to do a better job.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, here we go again.

Ordered electronic stuff from Ohio on May 5, two day Priority Delivery and I thought I should receive it in 2-3 days.

Hah. Silly me...

Today, May 8, package is now in Salt Lake City distribution center.

Well, SLC is closer to Tucson than LA.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: my package sent from Ohio to Tucson has now left SLC to a destination that only USPS knows where.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
....Wondering if Rod Serling ever wrote a Twilight Zone episode of this perpetual issue of the Postal Service?

Hey! That’s a great idea! A new TV show, The Postal Zone! Cue the music, intro where the package went and what alien creatures at the USPS did this episode.

I’m sure none of our SigForum members are Zombies, but if you’re trying to make sense of what happens to your packages and mail at the USPS, maybe The Postal Zone makes sense now.

Pass the popcorn please!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got another USPS tracking update this afernoon: "Package delivery will be late".

Noooooooo, shit, Sherlock.

posted Hide Post
Update at 10:30...USPS says they "Lost it".

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I've got two packages that are MIA at present,one a Rock Auto order, a set of intake gaskets and one from Amazon, a machete scabbard.

Amazon tells me that May 13th to notify them for a replacement or a reorder, Rock Auto tells me to notify them May 15th for reorder or refund.

Wonderful, both items have been on order since April 25th. The scabbard, not a big deal if delayed, I could go to a Army-Navy store and get one. The intake gaskets, well that's a whole different issue. Finding V8 Pontiac intake gaskets is one thing, add to the mix ones with blocked heat riser passages, I'm probably assured of getting the wrong ones at least once.

Both items show the last information was May 3rd, "Item in transit to the next location........."

Next stop, The Twilight Zone maybe?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update of package from Ohio. USPS said they found it in Tucson.

The question now is - will I receive the package on Monday and in what condition will it be in?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
GWBiker, just for curiosity's sake: Why did you have the latest item shipped USPS? Did the seller give you no choice?

The USPS system is royally screwed-up atm. Packages languish awaiting transportation. They're not consistently scanning--or at all.

Last on-line purchase I made I paid the extra couple bucks to have it shipped UPS. And that was from only Ohio.

And I normally prefer USPS. Except at Christmas time they almost always get it right for me, and our route carriers are terrific. But I don't trust USPS to deliver anything right now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
GWBiker, just for curiosity's sake: Why did you have the latest item shipped USPS? Did the seller give you no choice?

The USPS system is royally screwed-up atm. Packages languish awaiting transportation. They're not consistently scanning--or at all.

Last on-line purchase I made I paid the extra couple bucks to have it shipped UPS. And that was from only Ohio.

And I normally prefer USPS. Except at Christmas time they almost always get it right for me, and our route carriers are terrific. But I don't trust USPS to deliver anything right now.

In the past, I've gotten two day USPS Priority shipping from this company in Ohio.

In the future, I may insist on Fed Ex delivery.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like I'm up to three packages MIA. Another one was supposed to be delivered today, last tracking on it said April 28th in New Jersey.

That's what I get for trying to buy a American made machete.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After an email to USPS customer complaint page detailing the USPS tracking info, my package suddenly was found and scheduled for delivery today (Monday). This after the delivery person left the local post office for daily mail drop offs.

I think I'll try Fed Ex next time.