SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS strikes again... (Update)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS strikes again... (Update) Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Up to FIVE packages missing in action as of today.

No more ordering online for the duration of this. I'm frustrated beyond belief. But the junk mail still comes through!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Fracking USPS

They get a pair of packages all the way from Rochester, NY to Detroit, MI in one day, and now they've been stuck in "In Transit To Next Facility" limbo for three fracking days.

They haven't been able to move a pair of Priority Mail packages 25 fracking miles in three fracking days.

I'd just love to see their justification for this.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
After a 20 minute hold extoling the virtues of social distancing and wearing of a mask when you visit you will be told to call back next week after the holiday. Have a nice POSTAL day!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh, I gave up calling the USPS toll-free number. Last time they put one of my packages in "In Transit To Next Facility" limbo I called them and was told a Priority Mail package had to be five days late before they'd research it. Next day was five days, so I called back. I could no longer find an option in their menu tree to talk to a human being.

When given the option I now pay more to ship via an alternate to USPS. I will continue to do so, going forward. I don't believe in rewarding bad business performance with additional business.

And, yeah: I know they're slammed and having personnel issues. But can't move a package 25 miles in three days? Inexcusable. This is simply sheer ineptitude.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USPS does it again. Thursday morning I mailed out at local USPS post office a large amount check overnight delivery to C.U. in Pennsylvania.

$26 a pop for overnight Priority mail, which is no big deal IMO.

As in past deliveries, check should arrive at CU in Harrisburg by noon next day and be posted in checking account same day.

Right? Wrong, young grasshopper.

I phone CU and was told USPS allows CU only ONE a day mail pickup because of the pandemic fear, and pick up is in early AM.

So, I guess the check will be picked up on Saturday, right. Wrong again, young grasshopper.

CU mail pick up folks don't work on Saturday.

So, today (Monday) I entered in the USPS tracking number for the overnight delivery. Answer was: "tracking label created, package not sent".

CU got the check today.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Afternoon of May 19 dropped a SMALL package (like a SMALL cardboard envelope) headed between two major cities about 275miles distance.Carrier would be USPS. It finally arrived on June 10th. recipant was a beloved member on this board . just worried the "slow turtle" had got lost or delayed. It finally arrived and made someone very appreciative . ...................drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was about to post "I've had good luck with USPS" but I'm not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent. Had a small package due on Sat, Fri they showed it in Milan IL, just across the river, with delivery on Sat. I figured next stop was the Bettendorf IA PO and then me!

WRONG! It's now in...Oklahoma City!!!!

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I ordered a small item from Amazon, so of course, it was shipped USPS.

It shipped on 6/22 from Caledonia MI, and so far it's made it to Detroit (7/1)! It was due for delivery on 6/30, but instead it's had a nice tour around Michigan on my dime.

FFS

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I ordered a small item from Amazon, so of course, it was shipped USPS.

It shipped on 6/22 from Caledonia MI, and so far it's made it to Detroit (7/1)! It was due for delivery on 6/30, but instead it's had a nice tour around Michigan on my dime.

FFS

I hear michigan is beautiful this time of year :-D

I still use USPS and don't mind it too much. The majority of the issues I have with them aren't logistics issues they are "Covid" issues with them taking your money for signatures, but not even making sure someone got the package. I think if your Covid policy is not to get signatures or at the very least at least make sure someone got the package I don't think you should charge for it. At least UPS and Fedex would drop the package at the door and ring the bell to make sure someone opened the door and picked the package up off the ground.

As far as logistics go, what are the other options? Fedex? We can find just as many bad stories and threads about them. UPS? Maybe, probably the best of the 3 but also the most expensive. I guess you get what you pay for.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It was shipped First Class package rate, and so far it's still in MI. It's now scheduled for delivery on the 6th. 14 days to make it across 2 states. I hate to think what 2nd Class service would be.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the local Post Office to take advantage of the Passport renewal program. (pre-Covid)
After filling out all the necessary forms and writing the required checks, the PO guy reached into his desk and pulled out a FedEx envelope to mail my application away.
I was relieved. Got my passport a couple of week later.

Posts: 2 | Location: SE PA | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Fedup drops of a package, at the wrong door (drop off area clearly marked)

package is for a person 2 streets over, (not same street name or number)

Fedup called, will pick up the next day and redeliver,

it's been a week,

meanwhile, our driveway to our shop is relatively long,, downhill, maybe 100 yards to the shop,

Fedup drops off a package, (a rifle,, we are a FFL\SOT) by leaving it leaning against a tree near the mailbox,

sometime after 6 last night,

brother found it this morning when he was leaving for work,,,,

and no, the wrong delivery is still there

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I moved to the other side of Tucson, so a few weeks ago I filed a change of address with the USPS.

Mail comes to Phoenix, then to Tucson.

IF there's a change of address on file with USPS, my mail (Old address) goes back to Phoenix for correct label, then trucked back to Tucson.

USPS super told me that closing the Tucson USPS mail distribution center several years ago was a cost saving move.

Okkkkkaaaay.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I moved to the other side of Tucson, so a few weeks ago I filed a change of address with the USPS.

Mail comes to Phoenix, then to Tucson.

IF there's a change of address on file with USPS, my mail (Old address) goes back to Phoenix for correct label, then trucked back to Tucson.

USPS super told me that closing the Tucson USPS mail distribution center several years ago was a cost saving move.

Okkkkkaaaay.

In the old days your mailman would physically write the label forwarding your mail, this was when we cased up every letter, every day (which is why your mailman knew if you got something etc). It's all machined now.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I ordered an item from Primary Arms (Houston) on Saturday, and picked regular shipping, as I just live south of Austin. It was scheduled to be delivered today, but as the mail has already run, I double checked the tracking. Sure enough, it was accepted into the Atlanta-Peachtree GA Distribution Center at 1:04am last night. :-/

I don't believe it will be delivered today, as indicated.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post