SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mask Shaming
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mask Shaming Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
This I will completely agree with. One thing the masks have definitely shown me is the extent of my hearing loss both from when I was in the military and as I age.

quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
Masks are very capable of stopping something. They stop the wearer from being heard or understood because they are lazy public speakers. I think it was jones that called them mask mumblers. Just yesterday I told a young lady to speak up and enunciate! It's hard enough deciphering what some people say without masks, with masks is nearly impossible.
If somebody wants to attempt to mask shame me, "speak up and enunciate, I can't understand you through your mask" will be my response.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize how much I rely on watching peoples mouths as they speak to further "hear" them.

Plus, I can't see the pretty girls cute smiles anymore.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
My two pesos...my belief from the beginning of this thing is that the virus was running like wildfire through populations, long before enough was known about it to make good decisions or form plans. All this Shelter-in-Place social distancing face mask wearing is either delaying the inevitable or completely ineffective for anything more than a very short term strategy. The proverbial "shutting the barn door after the horse has escaped". Sooner or later we will all be exposed to it. The youngest and healthiest will mostly be fine, some of us will get sick and recover, and, sadly, a few of us won't make it...just like every other day in the lives of humans.

Those most vulnerable or concerned should consider staying home and taking whatever precautions they feel necessary. The rest of us need to go back to work, back to school, back to church, and back to living normal human lives and, for me, that doesn't include wearing masks.

I'm for pushing for herd immunity...and if my attitude strikes anyone as being cavalier, I'll just mention that I have a few risk factors for the virus. So be it.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Also, any virologist will tell you the viral load you need to catch this thing through the mucus membranes in your eyes is significantly higher than what it takes to get infected through your respiratory tract (mouth and nose). Not to mention, if there was a huge risk of getting it through your eyes they’d tell you to wear goggles too and every Karen would be walking around in their cloth masks and swim goggles and the title of this thread would be “mask and goggles shaming”.

I saw a young to middle-aged woman walking out of the grocery store yesterday, wearing a full face mask covering her mouth and nose, with a set of goggles over her eyes. I saw her from a distance so I couldn't make out much detail, but it appeared to be all one integral mask and goggle unit. No clue whether she felt she needed that level of protection or perhaps it was some sort of gag or statement.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:...Sooner or later we will all be exposed to it....

Yep.

We should all toss caution to the wind, rip off our clothes, get nekkid and engage in hot monkey jungle sex in the goddamned streets letting the WuhuFlu run rampant though our fevered bodies and burn through the herd.

Maybe it will help purge some of the idiocy that has become rampant in the species of human, or be no more than some good ol' sex'yull release.

But it is far better than the "SIX FEEET" screechy Karen voice that makes my ears bleed, or the silly face panty wearing idjits driving in their cars, trying to voice text at 95 MPH, with the muffled masked mouth missives, endangering all the other folks trying to figure out what they can and cannot do, today...

Well, there is always tomorrow and, flying spiders, invisible snakes, radioactive donuts, and those "Three White Boys" on the Rice Crispies box that need to be removed from history, cuz, that will fix everything.

Maybe.

(OK, all that was a distraction, so I could get nekked and head for the street and have the pick of the litter...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I fully agree with Joel. I wear mine to potentially protect others and show some respect. Even if it is pointless.

My surroundings and situation may differ considerably from yours. I live in a poor country where the medical services is inefficient and under normal conditions is in critical state. Now, it is overwhelmed and on the brink of total collapse.
Where i live, most people are old and already circling the graveyard nearby. Shanty town only a few blocks away with the regular wonderer panhandling on every corner.
Can't risk getting the virus, not enough respirators available and the last thing you want is to go near a hospital. The closest and finest ones were the first to get the infected returning from holidays abroad.

So, while here... please wear your FUCKING Mask and show some respect.
Walk your dog around the block instead of have it dump its contents on the front lawn and pretend nothing happens. Thank you.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
AND in certain Oregon Counties masks will be required for ALL indoor activities by Governor Kate Brown's mandate.

I don't live in one of those counties, but wonder what the penalty will be for non-compliance.

I too rely on reading lips and facial expression when listening to someone due to hearing loss... even when I use my hearing aids.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since they always point out that it's not required if one has a medical condition that may prevent wearing a mask, I believe telling the assholes that is the case will suffice. Under HIPPA privacy laws, they are not allowed to inquire about your medical condition unless you consent.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it's not a law, it doesn't mean shit.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Masks are facebook frames in real life. You can show everyone how 'woke' you are by wearing one while doing actually nothing.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
Masks are facebook frames in real life. You can show everyone how 'woke' you are by wearing one while doing actually nothing.

Protecting you and everyone you know from a disease......that over 99 percent survive. But yet, they just don't seem to get why many of us just aren't buying into this. It's a mystery, I tell you.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:

Protecting you and everyone you know from a disease......that over 99 percent survive. But yet, they just don't seem to get why many of us just aren't buying into this. It's a mystery, I tell you.

I'm surprised the 'woke' crowd hasn't started awarded 'lifesaving medals' to all the mask wearers who have saved lives (mine too, no doubt). Would seem par for the course to start giving them all trophies or something for being good little 'obeyers'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Cle Jenkins (Dallas Judge)is trying to make masks mandatory for being in public.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the insanity continues...recommendation to wear masks during sex!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m...ission/#590771eb5c6d

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

Brings a new light on the ol paper bag joke...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

Brings a new light on the ol paper bag joke...
Gonna wear one over my eyes in case hers falls off?? Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A conversation among inmates in cell block B:

"Yo Bubba, whata ya in for?"

"I wore a mask for the bank robbery, but refused to for sex."

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Our illustrious governor’s decree was announced Tuesday and went into effect today with the threat of a misdemeanor charge, fine up to $1000 and 90 days jail time.

Interestingly it grants an exception for deaf/hard of hearing folks. I guess they are somehow immune or expendable? When I asked about it, some ditz replied it is because many of them rely on lip reading, so need to be able to see the mouth.

When I asked how exempting the deaf person from wearing a mask would help them read my lips behind a mask I was treated like *I* was the moron.

I believe yesterday he hinted the requirement could last until there is a vaccine. Several County Sheriff’s have already announced the will not enforce any such nonsense.

One Oregon County’s order exempts “people of color” as some recognition of systemic racism and to protect them of the stigma associated with a minority wearing a mask assumed to be a train robber or some shit.

quote:
Originally posted by Two Shanks:
... Next time You have surgery tell them not to wear masks because You believe they won't help with infection. Are You seriously that stupid. What a moron.

You might be shocked to find out that routine use of masks by Dr and OR staff in other countries is on the decline. I was floored watching a medical documentary from England to see no one in the OR was wearing them during invasive procedures.

Did some Googling afterwards and it seems more recent studies show the risk of infection is no where near what is was always presumed to be, masks do little, and the actual risk doesn’t justify the cost of the masks.

Could be a logical decision based on cutting edge info and research or could be BS trying to control spending in state run hospitals. Either way doesn’t seem to be a problem, no massive rise in post op infection rates or complications.

Now I doubt you’ll ever see that happen in the US, but it does lend support to the idea that masks ARE mostly for show.

Tried googling it now for a link, but you google “mask” with anything now and all you get is the COVID shit.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a mask on the bus and at the fitness center, which both require all staff and members to do so.

What I'm looking for is a mask with MAGA or TRUMP written on the mask front, so I can melt a few snowflakes.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The monkey ain't wearing no fucking mask.

Karen can kiss my Rebel dick.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

The monkey ain't wearing no fucking mask.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post