SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mask Shaming
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mask Shaming Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
A mask is as effective as a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.

Are You Physician? Just asking.

Posts: 21 | Registered: March 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Two Shanks:
quote:
A mask is as effective as a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.

Doesn't have to be to make this conclusion.

Eyes, nose and mouth. Cover two (most do it wrong anyway) which leaves the door open for number three.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the size of COVID-19
quote:
Coronavirus is a broad category of viruses, not a single virus. It’s a bit like saying “cat”, when a cat can be anything from a Siamese to a Bengal tiger.

The diameter of the COVID-19 coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 virus) is approximately 100 nanometers on average. That’s roughly a thousand atoms wide, or 75 times smaller than a human red blood cell.
- Bob Geier, Deputy Director of a Research Institute (2010-present)

quote:
Viruses are less than micron in size.

You have to magnify them to 100000 times to get hint of them.

100 times to 1000 times smaller than anything seen in common lance microscope.

You will require to have electron microscope.

That is why to confirm viruses and its type we require special lab.
-Pravinchandra G Dhameliya, Project Manager

Your mask is a chain link fence trying to stop mosquitoes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
and I am not "Karen of the Masks"
Debatable. Wink
quote:
But assume all mask-wearers are just dumb TV-programmed automatons at your own logical peril.
But statistically speaking, the large majority are dumb automatons.
quote:
I don't understand people who feel the need to confront mask wearers, any more than those who confront the ones who don't.
I would venture that mask wearers are doing most of the "confronting", usually with the mask down to be heard, interestingly enough....
quote:
And, over and out on this topic/thread.
Is that like "THE END" when a bad movie finishes?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
I don't understand people who feel the need to confront mask wearers, any more than those who confront the ones who don't.
I'm not aware of the former happening, but the latter is happening day in, day out.

However, if you want to know why someone might confront one of these mask-wearing sheep, it's because the mask wearers are complicit in the goal of leftists to alter the behavior of our country, so that all conform to the panic- the panic that many of us see as nothing but a sham.

Mask wearers are part of the problem. They help the leftists validate the lies about this phony "pandemic". Mask wearers- in my opinion- help spread fear.

We didn't do any of this stupid shit in 2009/10 when the Bird Flu came calling. Do you know why this is so? I do know, as do many members of this forum.

posted Hide Post
To date, I've not worn a mask. Refuse to wear one to enter Menards.
Gotta make a trip to the hospital. Have to wear a mask to enter.... I might have to get creative.
Thinking about writing this on the mask...

"Mask is worthless against the WuHu"
or
"Step #2 in the pussyfication of the USA"

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Now you'll have to wear a mask to take a safe dump...

Flushing toilets spreads COVID-19

quote:
However, if you want to know why someone might confront one of these mask-wearing sheep, it's because the mask wearers are complicit in the goal of leftists to alter the behavior of our country, so that all conform to the panic- the panic that many of us see as nothing but a sham.

Absolutely, while some wear them out of health concerns, the mask push in the news is to continue the fear of a new outbreak happening.

It's popping up here in FL since the media is pushing the big increase in the number of "detected" cases. Well no shit sherlock, we've gone from 200 tests a day in March to 30,000 tests a day today. Its inevitable the numbers are up, because the total tested is up.

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

That would certainly apply to anything home made along with "chin bra" masks worn below the nose, but I'd like to provide some context from my background.

In dentistry, we were dealing with mask efficacy, aerosols and airborne disease transmission for decades before most of the country heard the term "PPE". I've never heard any mask manufacturer claim filtration down to single virus particle size.

A home made mask might stop a visible glob of mucous from flying across the room, but that's about it. A surgical mask would stop droplets, a fitted N95 would stop aerosols. It's true that none of them are tight enough to stop an individual virus particle. The good news is that viruses typically don't travel alone as single particles. Even if a few did slip through your N95 mask, you aren't going to get sick from it. In the overwhelming majority of airborne infections, it is a droplet containing tens of thousands or millions of virus particles that gets you. That droplet IS big enough to be stopped by a surgical mask or N95.

None of what I'm saying is meant to imply that mask wear should be mandatory. Heck no! The government has made a cluster fuck of this whole response. OTOH: There are a lot of generalization about masks out there that lead people to erroneous conclusions.

Finally, if you see a young person out and about wearing an N95, it's not a certainty that they are scared sheep. Many are, but there are some who are doing it because they are going home to a spouse or parent who is undergoing cancer treatment and for whom Covid would be a death sentence. Best not to be too harsh.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That droplet IS big enough to be stopped by a surgical mask or N95.

I appreciate your viewpoint but I have seen very few wearing n95 masks around here so this junk they are wearing is basically useless for anything other than "feel good virtue signaling". I agree with You completely that the government has totally made a cluster fuck out of all this. As I said earlier, for someone who has a real risk and feels safer wearing one, no problems here. but I'm sick and tired of being told by the media, the government and others that I'm selfish and all this other crap if I refuse to hide in fear or not wear a mask. It's all about exerting control over us.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Agreed

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
When I worked at the Umatilla Chemical Depot in eastern Oregon our chemical area was surrounded by a double fence (two fences about 20 feet apart from each other). These were chain link fences and had alarm sensors on them.

We used to joke that the fence would stop any chemical release of the GB (nerve agent that vaporizes quickly) or other agents stored there.

This joke came about as all drills and exercises were inside that fence.

I feel masks are about as good as that chain link fence and don't stop anything.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I wear a mask in every indoor public space I go to. I have never told someone not wearing a mask to put one on. I have never been ridiculed for wearing one either

I live with someone I know is exposed to covid almost every day, granted in PPE. Much like Kevin Bacon, that means there is one degree of separation between me and covid. I figure it’s not if I get it but when so yes, I do wear a mask to protect other people from me.

I would say less than 25% of people I see in public wearing a mask are doing so appropriately and effectively.

I’ve gotten into this argument here before, and I’m not going to get into it again. If you have read the science and guidance on the subject and decided a mask is not for you, great. Have at it. So long as you understand the guidance is ever evolving. God knows the WHO can’t make up its mind from week to week about whether or not water is wet. The CDC is only a little better

Yesterday I spoke (virtually) with a high school and West Point classmate of mine who is now an Army colonel as well as a doctor and is currently the chair of medicine at Bethesda. He shared an article from Forbes that is based on a recent study that masks are more effective than quarantines at controlling the pandemic. I will include that below for those interested. He feels like masks do help and should be properly worn when in public. He also feels like at this point the chance of that actually happening is close to zero. The guidance he is giving his doctors is to plan for NYC style outbreaks eventually in most major cities. Make of that whatever you wish.

Here is the link to the Forbes article. Call it more crap from the liberal media or whatever else you wish, I don’t care. The author includes links to her actual sources. Read the primary sources and decide what you will.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...FY9jouQ#2ebbc9876497

Also, any virologist will tell you the viral load you need to catch this thing through the mucus membranes in your eyes is significantly higher than what it takes to get infected through your respiratory tract (mouth and nose). Not to mention, if there was a huge risk of getting it through your eyes they’d tell you to wear goggles too and every Karen would be walking around in their cloth masks and swim goggles and the title of this thread would be “mask and goggles shaming”.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I really want one of these but I also don't want to buy a mask. I've just been wearing a lightweight surgical mask that I got from work because it doesn't hurt my ears like the others. And it was free.

I have one that says this and wear it only when told I have to wear a mask. It is the only one I will wear.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eyes, nose and mouth. Cover two (most do it wrong anyway) which leaves the door open for number three.

I don't know I'm not a Doctor but hang out with some and other people in healthcare. It just seems to me better safe than sorry. People hold forth and give their opinion with really no basis in fact just because they don't want to wear a mask which is fine but they are no expert on the subject.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't know I'm not a Doctor but hang out with some and other people in healthcare. It just seems to me better safe than sorry. People hold forth and give their opinion with really no basis in fact just because they don't want to wear a mask which is fine but they are no expert on the subject.

LOL.

Yeah, you hang out with “experts”. Are those “experts” the same ones who told us that you could catch the virus from surfaces? Or how about the “experts” who told us that the hospitals would be over run? Or how about the ones that told us that masks didn’t work?

I have my doubts that anybody knows what the fuck is going on. Every thing that the medical field has claimed hasn’t been correct.

Sorry I’ll pass on the whole mask thing. I’ll also pass on taking advice from people who was telling us infidels three months ago that we were all going to die “because science”. You’d think at some point and time they’d come to realize that they are being lied to, but what can I say? Anyone who is still buying all this for a disease that 99 percent of people survive, well......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
People hold forth and give their opinion with really no basis in fact just because they don't want to wear a mask which is fine but they are no expert on the subject.
Well, I posted some information for you. What do you have to say about it? Do you think that your mask is woven to filter particles as small as "a thousand atoms wide, or 75 times smaller than a human red blood cell"?

You're claiming that we are making our decisions based merely on personal feelings and desires, yet you ignore what I posted from Quora, which is not a matter of opinion, mine or anyone else's.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
...Not to mention, if there was a huge risk of getting it through your eyes they’d tell you to wear goggles too and every Karen would be walking around in their cloth masks and swim goggles and the title of this thread would be “mask and goggles shaming”.

It ain't over yet and the goal posts keep moving, so that may still be coming. I'm sure a medical expert could be found that would says goggles are the next common sense logical step to prevent the spread.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]LOL.

Yeah, you hang out with “experts”.
Hey You don't have to be an asshat about it. Next time You have surgery tell them not to wear masks because You believe they won't help with infection. Are You seriously that stupid. What a moron.

posted Hide Post
quote:
[quote]LOL.
Yeah, you hang out with “experts”
jljones.
Hey You don't have to be an asshat about it. Next time You have surgery tell them not to wear masks because You believe they won't help with infection. Are You seriously that stupid. What a moron.

posted Hide Post
Masks are very capable of stopping something. They stop the wearer from being heard or understood because they are lazy public speakers. I think it was jones that called them mask mumblers. Just yesterday I told a young lady to speak up and enunciate! It's hard enough deciphering what some people say without masks, with masks is nearly impossible.
If somebody wants to attempt to mask shame me, "speak up and enunciate, I can't understand you through your mask" will be my response.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post