SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No details in classifieds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No details in classifieds Login/Join 
posted
I'm sure everyone here has been driven crazy by the absolute lack of details in classified ads. Stuff like "tires, good shape" or "couch, good conditiion". WTF people! Put the damn details in. Oh, a couch, well that's all I need to know. At least they told me what kind of furniture it is. When I'm car shopping just tell me if it's a car you're selling or if it's not too much trouble, let me know if it's a truck. Really, that's all I need to know before I bother to contact you.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In whose classifieds? This forum?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not here. Just classifieds in general. The people here are more thoughtful and they act like they really want to sell things.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm always shocked by people trying to sell a $1400 rifle with no photos.

If it were 20 years ago, maybe. But with cameras in everything, there's no good reason today.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'm always shocked by people trying to sell a $1400 rifle with no photos.

If it were 20 years ago, maybe. But with cameras in everything, there's no good reason today.
Same here. That one actually does happen here quite a bit. Only hurting themselves.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
People are generally lazy and don't want to spend more than a minute into composing an ad. Sometimes they don't know what they have and how to describe it.

Sometimes it works in your favor. If a seller posts a photo w/ minimal or lousy description, but you can tell it's something you want, then you might end up getting a great deal on it.

More specific to SF, I've come across more than a few ads lately in the Classifieds section where a member posts something but neglects to have his email address in his profile or ad.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Motorcycle ads are driving me nuts. Some people can't be bothered to post the basics such as year, make, model, and mileage. The first 3 are located on the side of the frame.

As far as model, many motorcycles are essentially the same bike with different motor sizes (e.g. Yamaha MT-07, MT-09, and MT-10).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a GB listing last night where the seller had posted two pictures of the BOX, but NONE of the right side of the firearm. SMH.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post