SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough With The Nor'easters!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough With The Nor'easters! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
We are supposed to get whacked good with Nor'easter #4 this Wednesday and now I hear talk of a FIFTH one early next week. Eek

Could Spring hurry the hell up and arrive?

I just saw a pic of myself and wife at Philadelphia Art Museum steps 5 years ago on St Patrick's Day. We are in t-shirts and people in background in shorts. This past St Paddy's Day was MAYBE 30 degrees as the high.

Sick of this goddamn weird, cold winter already!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Had maybe 3" of snow so far this Winter, same as last year. A lot of rain though. They are calling for another little spritz of snow tomorrow evening.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ll trade you your Nor’easter for TN/Alabama tornados.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I’ll trade you your Nor’easter for TN/Alabama tornados.

Y'all could escape all of this by coming to sunny AZ, that is if you don't mind scorpions, rattlesnakes, spines on every plant, and our wonderfully temperate summers. As a plus, you wouldn't have to shovel any more snow, and 8 months of the year the climate is wonderful Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I'm with you PASig need some warm weather to get the car out along with some range time.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It has started here, schools are already closed for Wednesday. I'm a little nervous, my son went to a job fair about 25 miles away. I had him take my truck with 4X4. I didn't think it would get so bad so quick. Snow, sleet, and hail. Very wet and heavy. Windy!

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I started another thread some weeks back.

I am just tired of winter, and haven't had the extreme weather this thread talks about.

Damp, cold, cloudy days. GO AWAY!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I flew into Newark this morning for a meetings today and tomorrow and planned to fly out tomorrow night. The meeting organizer messed up and the meetings are actually tomrrow and Thursday and didn’t communicate it and now has stated that he’s not coming in and will telecommute.

Now that most all the flights out of Newark are cancelled tomorrow, I’m not fighting for a seat on Thursday and headed back home tonight.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm driving to Pittsburgh Thursday. I'm hoping the roads have been cleaned up by midday.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Look at the bright side, it may cut down on homeless numbers. After seeing the weather reports they will head to San Diego.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love when people use it as an excuse not to come to work.

I had two call-offs yesterday because roads "are impassable."

I set up my phone on my dash and recorded me driving my Camaro up and down the main road and a few side roads and sent it in a group text to the entire second shift. Suddenly they all made it in.

Even today I've had a guy say roads are impassable and that he would get a $600.00 fine if he was caught on the road.

Again, in my camaro, driving slowly/carefully, no issues.

Can't make this stuff up.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
So far up here there hasn't been anything. It was originally supposed to start at noon, now it's looking more like around 9-10pm. And we're down from 6-10" to 1-3".

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of flights in/out of Philadelphia for Thursday have already been cancelled. I have a family member who was scheduled out of there. He had to move his flight to late Friday - it was the earliest flight he could get.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It rained up till 4:00pm today then turned to heavy snow. We have 6" and it is snowing pretty heavy. We received a call from our township warning us about flooding from the bay and to move our vehicles to higher ground.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
I love when people use it as an excuse not to come to work.

I had two call-offs yesterday because roads "are impassable."

I set up my phone on my dash and recorded me driving my Camaro up and down the main road and a few side roads and sent it in a group text to the entire second shift. Suddenly they all made it in.

Even today I've had a guy say roads are impassable and that he would get a $600.00 fine if he was caught on the road.

Again, in my camaro, driving slowly/carefully, no issues.

Can't make this stuff up.

I agree. When I worked for the state (PA), at just the HINT of snow on the weather channel, we would get call off's from people who lived several miles from the institution. Some who had four-wheel drive vehicles.

The guys from the coal region, Wilkes-Barre, where good jobs were hard to find, who car pooled 85 miles to get to work at the Institution, and were always on time mind you.....never called off work due to snow.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still flurrying here but got most of it cleaned up.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and there may be another on th3 way for Saturday???... now I’m getting sick of this. At least Ohio hasn’t been hit too bad.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Just a dusting here and it's almost over.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We got at least a foot over 2 days. Welcome to spring.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Last one we got two feet but this one was a nice easy one inch.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post