SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Celebrating POOR life choices!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celebrating POOR life choices!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
You are under 30 years old, unmarried, living with someone who already has children with other people, you have a 4 year degree that starting out you will likely triple your current income but decided you simply don't like it so you go back to a $10 an hour job even though you can't currently even pay your rent.

BEING PREGNANT IS NOT A GOOD THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already done nothing but stack the deck against your child.

I refuse to say congratulations and be happy for you. I feel sorry for the kid. Hopefully you will at least quit smoking and have your boyfriend smoke outside.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as I read the title, I knew someone was knocked up.

I got black-listed by one of my best friends years ago over this very subject and his little sister. His little sister had everything going for her except her looser boyfriend.

Degree, smart, talented, funny, beautiful, and probably would have been making great money and a great life until she hooked up with dipshit.

Everyone in her family was all "Oh, we're so happy for you!" except Dad and me.
Dad was made to play nice by his wife.
He and I had a few drinks over the subject.

My buddy wouldn't talk to me for a few years.
Then one day he figured it out. I think it was after his sister got her tooth knocked out from dipshit...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I refuse to say congratulations and be happy for you.

My stock response to this sort of Happy News is "Oh. I see." Followed by... nothing.

I find that that the smiling, expectant look that means "I'm waiting for your praise/affirmation/congratulation" usually fades within about twelve seconds of silence.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something I've always wondered thru my years: Why do so many girls with a bright future, good looks and good family background hook up with a looser BF who only wants to get stoned, make babies with her and scam the government.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Something I've always wondered thru my years: Why do so many girls with a bright future, good looks and good family background hook up with a looser BF who only wants to get stoned, make babies with her and scam the government.

A lot of times I think it's because they have always been "good" girls, and this type of guy is their way of being rebellious without actually doing bad things themselves.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
When I was in private practice and represented the occasional defendant in minor criminal matters, I was always astounded at the way they would name drop when we got to court. Judges, prosecutors, LEOs... they knew more of them than I did.

I tried to have a conversation with one of them (my clients, that is) about how that's NOT A GOOD THING and how it meant that he was a perpetual fuck up, not a member of some cool club or "friend" of the folks he knew.

I only had that conversation once. It was like talking to a turnip.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I see this frequently enough that it frustrates me to no end.

Some of the people who work for me make great financial choices and strive to make a better life for themselves properly. Scrimp, save, work, and all the stuff that makes logical sense. I am all too happy to congratulate them when they realize a goal; buying a house, getting a car, continuing their education, etc.

Others, not so much. I hire them and hear about how much they need to work, they want to make money, blah, blah, blah. It'll start with, "I need to leave early, I don't feel well." Then when offered an extra shift or extra hours they just can't make it. Then I get to hear financial woes! I actually am the one who offered them MORE HOURS so they could make MORE MONEY! What in Hades are they thinking?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:

A lot of times I think it's because they have always been "good" girls, and this type of guy is their way of being rebellious without actually doing bad things themselves.

Reason 18,954 not to have children. Keeping them from having children.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:

Some of the people who work for me make great financial choices and strive to make a better life for themselves properly. Scrimp, save, work, and all the stuff that makes logical sense. I am all too happy to congratulate them when they realize a goal; buying a house, getting a car, continuing their education, etc.

Others, not so much. I hire them and hear about how much they need to work, they want to make money, blah, blah, blah. It'll start with, "I need to leave early, I don't feel well." Then when offered an extra shift or extra hours they just can't make it. Then I get to hear financial woes! I actually am the one who offered them MORE HOURS so they could make MORE MONEY! What in Hades are they thinking?

This is maddening.

WTF, Bob? Yesterday you complain about money, today I ask you to work late or on Saturday (with extra pay) and you turn it down. Then next week, same sob story.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Wait - my son changed his name to “Bob”?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I refuse to say congratulations and be happy for you.

My stock response to this sort of Happy News is "Oh. I see." Followed by... nothing.

I find that that the smiling, expectant look that means "I'm waiting for your praise/affirmation/congratulation" usually fades within about twelve seconds of silence.

Mine is "is that a good thing?" followed by the deadpan stare.

One girl replied "you're a dick" to which I replied "which the wife and I are smart enough to keep wrapped."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know far more financial hard cases than people who do what they can to improve their situation. One friend at work I now avoid as much as possible. He won’t work OT at our job (it’s actual work) for $33/hour but complains nonstop about how poor he is. Spends ridiculous amounts on video games, comics and Star Wars shit. Wife can’t be bothered to get a full time job. She makes maybe $5000 a year. Got sick of hearing that shit. One mutual friend let him have it one day. Didn’t make a dent.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Poor people, poor decisions...not all, but almost all of the ones I know.

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

I know far more financial hard cases than people who do what they can to improve their situation. One friend at work I now avoid as much as possible. He won’t work OT at our job (it’s actual work) for $33/hour but complains nonstop about how poor he is. Spends ridiculous amounts on video games, comics and Star Wars shit. Wife can’t be bothered to get a full time job. She makes maybe $5000 a year. Got sick of hearing that shit. One mutual friend let him have it one day. Didn’t make a dent.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain....

My wife has a nephew who is a class A fuck up, an at almost 30 he is still mooching off his mom to pay rent/bills (her enabling is a whole other issue). When Mr fuckup met his female equivalent it was not long until they announced they were having a baby.

Somehow I was the asshole because I was the only one that was not jumping up and down with joy that a baby was coming.

Fast forward 1 year and these two idiots cant support themselves, he is using drugs again and his mom is paying for them to live and basically raising the kid herself....but I was the asshole

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many family enablers in these circumstances. People need to fail in order learn from their mistakes & make it on their own. The worst enabler is our own government.

My heart goes out to the poor children, I'd slam the door on the worthless parent(s).

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG!!!! I thought I was the only person who thought that way!!! Look at reality TV. The show 16 and knocked up, and Teen Slut glorify teen pregnancies!!!! One broad has three kids with three different sperm donors!!! They show them driving around in %50,000 SUV's and nicer houses that I have!!! Then all their girlfriends chime in with whatever the drama is that week, as if they have a clue either!! They make these pigs into celebrities!! There's about a 10 second spot at the beginning of the show about how to prevent teen pregnancy, and " It's your sex life!!" I have a novel suggestion, how about telling the 14 and 15 year olds to keep their legs together and their feet off the roof of their boyfriend's 92 Saturn???? Then you look at these girls mothers (Dad's are rarely around), do the math, and realize their mother was also knocked up under the bleachers at the high school football game!!!! PS, I'm tired of paying their hospital bills too!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Sounds like my ex-fiancé

All set to graduate with a nutrition degree and be a certified nutritionist. Starting salary 65k (in 2002). Instead she wanted to just keep her job working for a vet at $15 an hour. She also wanted me to buy a house within 2 miles of the vet which would require me to commute 90 minutes each way. And she also had high standards regarding the home purchase. I said fuck all that, we’re done, find another sucker. And she did, and she has been miserable ever since.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Know just what you mean.

My niece, who has a serious medical condition, lives with her husband in a south suburb of Houston. Last August, Hurricane Harvey slams into Houston and she needs to be medevac'd from the roof of her place as the water is pouring in on the ground floor.

During all this she is posting minute by minute updates on Facebook and family members are outdoing themselves in posting expressions of concern, prayers, etc. I don't have Facebook but reply through my wife's account (as me): "You have a serious medical condition. Why the hell didn't you get out of Dodge three days ago when you knew a major storm was bearing down on you? Shame on you for needlessly risking your life. And shame on you for risking the lives of emergency personnel and diverting those resources from genuine emergencies to save you from a situation that could easily have been avoided by packing up and getting out of there days ago."

No surprise. My comment was met with gasps of horror and indignation by most family members.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, if you want answers to that problem let me know and I will have my daughter contact you for a breifing.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
quote:
Well, if you want answers to that problem let me know and I will have my daughter contact you for a breifing.

Thanks, but I already have a daughter who's on her way to Palookaville. Her drinking habit, three DUI, jail term, failed marriage to a good guy, countless looser boy friends, gambling habit, dead end jobs in a dead end town and a strong attachment to her Mom.

I cut her loose last year.

Thanks but no thanks.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post