SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Celebrating POOR life choices!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celebrating POOR life choices!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've been dismayed, on more than one occasion, when people are happy to learn that an unmarried girl is pregnant.

17 years ago I advised a 19 year old girl to place her out-of-wedlock child for adoption. I told her it would be the best choice to make for the baby. She said, "Keeping the child is the best choice for me". She went forward in life raising her son with a string of short term relationships that never got power to the ground.

Her son is now in High School experiencing severe problems because he has identified as transgender.

His mother won't look me in the eye when we run into each other.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I see this frequently enough that it frustrates me to no end.

Some of the people who work for me make great financial choices and strive to make a better life for themselves properly. Scrimp, save, work, and all the stuff that makes logical sense. I am all too happy to congratulate them when they realize a goal; buying a house, getting a car, continuing their education, etc.

Others, not so much. I hire them and hear about how much they need to work, they want to make money, blah, blah, blah. It'll start with, "I need to leave early, I don't feel well." Then when offered an extra shift or extra hours they just can't make it. Then I get to hear financial woes! I actually am the one who offered them MORE HOURS so they could make MORE MONEY! What in Hades are they thinking?

This is maddening.

WTF, Bob? Yesterday you complain about money, today I ask you to work late or on Saturday (with extra pay) and you turn it down. Then next week, same sob story.

They don't want to work more hours at the rate you are paying. They just want you to pay them more for what they are currently doing.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I see this kind of stuff in the ER every day. Multiple times a day. Working in emergency medicine makes you hate poor people which is kind a of sad. But they just keep doing the same dumb shit over and over again. Makes it impossible to be sympathetic.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post