SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pot fillers....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pot fillers.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
forget the pot filler I want a 17 cu. ft glass door frige and a matching 17 cu ft ,upright glass door freezer.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I still have dirt floors in my mud and straw hut.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post

Wow! Talk about a First World wonder. I’m not criticizing, only expressing my amazement at something I never even conceived of, much less gave thought to needing.

My only question, though, is if the pot is too heavy to move to the stove after filling in the sink, how does it work out when it’s full of hot food?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Wow! Talk about a First World wonder. I’m not criticizing, only expressing my amazement at something I never even conceived of, much less gave thought to needing.

My only question, though, is if the pot is too heavy to move to the stove after filling in the sink, how does it work out when it’s full of hot food?

I am paranoid. Lived in older apartments when I was a kid, always told to run the water before using it to get the lead out. I still do the same nowadays. Run the water for 60 seconds before using it for cooking or drinking. So for me I'd end up running over to the sink with 3-4 full pots of water to dump out.

Also what happens when you leave water sitting in the pipes unused for 3-4 days at a time? Sediment and stagnant water sitting in those pipes can't be good for the taste of the food.

Luckily I have a small kitchen and the sink is 10' from the stove and I am young enough to walk from one side to the other. They should put in a drain at the stove though so that you can drain the water.

What problem does having one of these solve?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gfrank:
where the heck do I get one of these "30-cup coffee pots"

Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/58030-1...s=30-cup+coffee+pots

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I'd post a pic of my automatic pot filler, but she doesn't like her picture posted on the internet...

The sad truth is it would be a picture of me, or the delivery driver.

Posts: 206 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

I am paranoid. Lived in older apartments when I was a kid, always told to run the water before using it to get the lead out. I still do the same nowadays. Run the water for 60 seconds before using it for cooking or drinking. So for me I'd end up running over to the sink with 3-4 full pots of water to dump out.

Also what happens when you leave water sitting in the pipes unused for 3-4 days at a time? Sediment and stagnant water sitting in those pipes can't be good for the taste of the food.

Luckily I have a small kitchen and the sink is 10' from the stove and I am young enough to walk from one side to the other. They should put in a drain at the stove though so that you can drain the water.

What problem does having one of these solve?

They're not good for the taste of food and the water does go stagnant in them and gets funky when they're not used for days on end. Waste of time in a home kitchen.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I'm with trapper189...

I have two sons. A water faucet over a stove...
Right.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
the slug of water in the line to the stove spigot gets a little stale
And "stale" is the nice word for it. Many plumbing fixtures are made of brass. Water sitting in the faucet, even over night, can leach measurable amounts of metals including lead. There was a study about this a few years back.

This is why when you turn on the tap in the morning to fill the coffee pot, you should always let it run for a few seconds before using the water.

Kinda hard to do that with a pot filler.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post