SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shout out to the person that let their grocery cart run into my truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shout out to the person that let their grocery cart run into my truck Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted
I hope you get what you deserve

(I always park in no mans land, on an end nowhere near any other cars etc... Yesterday at Costco, I come back to find a shipping cart against the rear quarter panel of my truck and a nice dent to match Mad)

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
It wasn't me, cause I live in Southern Virginia..
But, I'll be happy to shoot who ever did it , if you think it will help.

I hate crap like that too...dents like that are like baddd tattoos..

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had this happen to me at my local Kroger a few years ago.
I always park on the outer limits of the lot.

It was a windy day and while inside the store, my iPhone Drone mobile app went off with a 2nd stage alarm alert.

Went outside see a cart resting on my back door.
It bounced off the front door and back into the rear door.
Insurance claim was $1800 minus my $500 deductible.

I now park around the middle of the lot, where there is an apex on a hill.
Everything is downhill from there... Big Grin

The rampant laziness of people that don't secure their empty carts is astounding... Mad

Almost as bad as people that litter... Red Face

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Much to my wife's embarrassment/annoyance, I often comment on the bone-assed laziness of people that can't be bothered to put their empty cart in the corral.

Always in my Outdoor Voice, and usually within range of the thoughtless fuck that just walked away from their cart.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm sure all y'all have seen it, too: Carts sitting in the middle of the lot mere feet away from a cart corral. Lazy, good-for-nothing, low-life jerks

I wish every store would do what Aldi's does. You never see carts all over the parking lots at Aldi's stores.

My wife's cars always seem to be magnets for errant shopping carts. No matter how far from the crowd or where she parks, shopping carts tend to find her car Frown

Like 1lowlife, I look for high spots away from the crowd.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
If I can’t park in the first space next to the curb I park way the heck away from everybody. Never park near a parking lot drain because of the slope and don’t want to drop the keys or the phone down the grate.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I mentioned this a few years ago when it happened: Windy day, a woman finished unloading her groceries and left the empty cart where the wind could easily blow it into other parked cars, one of which was mine. This was no more than twenty feet from the empty cart return corral.

I waited until she had buckled in and started her engine, then I put the cart that she had abandoned, right behind her car.

She turned the engine off, unbuckled her seat belt, got out of the car, ignored me pointing at the cart corral, and put the cart right back where she had originally abandoned it, primed to be caught by the wind and slammed into somebody else' car.

Once again, I waited until she was buckled in, engine started, and then put the cart behind her car.

We repeated the song and dance routine. She yelled at me. I told her that she was inconsiderate, did not care about damaging anybody else's car, and told her that I was retired and had no specific plans for the day, so I was willing to continue to place the cart behind her car until she decided to return it to the corral.

I thanked her nicely when she finally did put the cart in the corral, told her to have a nice day, and responded with "Well bless your heart!" when she told me to self-fornicate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I told her that she was inconsiderate, did not care about damaging anybody else's car, and told her that I was retired and had no specific plans for the day, so I was willing to continue to place the cart behind her car until she decided to return it to the corral.

Just one of the benefits of being retired. Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mentioned this a few years ago when it happened: Windy day, a woman finished unloading her groceries and left the empty cart where the wind could easily blow it into other parked cars, one of which was mine. This was no more than twenty feet from the empty cart return corral.

I waited until she had buckled in and started her engine, then I put the cart that she had abandoned, right behind her car.

She turned the engine off, unbuckled her seat belt, got out of the car, ignored me pointing at the cart corral, and put the cart right back where she had originally abandoned it, primed to be caught by the wind and slammed into somebody else' car.

Once again, I waited until she was buckled in, engine started, and then put the cart behind her car.

We repeated the song and dance routine. She yelled at me. I told her that she was inconsiderate, did not care about damaging anybody else's car, and told her that I was retired and had no specific plans for the day, so I was willing to continue to place the cart behind her car until she decided to return it to the corral.

I thanked her nicely when she finally did put the cart in the corral, told her to have a nice day, and responded with "Well bless your heart!" when she told me to self-fornicate.

I love it. I'm going to use this one if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes parking farther away gives the cart more time to build up speed. You also need to be uphill.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've only had the opportunity to say something once. The rather portly woman moved her cart just out of the way of her car and turned back to her door. I said "God forbid you actually walk 10 extra steps." She didn't say anything back but she did the double hand chop to her crotch. I simply replied "no thanks but don't worry, I'll return your cart."

This is a must read: https://ruinmyweek.com/tweets/shopping-cart-theory/

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Costco is like a video game to me. Number one, never ever in your life, go to a Costco on the weekend. Go on a weekday during normal business work hours, or go at night right before they close. If my “cart” was free of charge on a weekend I still wouldn’t go. It’s a zoo. More idiots = more problems. I also park in the boonies and visually inspect the area around the truck when I park. I cannot count how many times I’ve jumped out of the truck and had to go re-rack someone’s cart they left, because it could potentially get blown into the truck. And lastly, I hit Costco every week for my groceries. I’m not in there browsing like I see many others do, just zombie like wandering around the store staring at every got damn product setup or sale. I get in the door, I’m on a mission to get my stuff and gtfo as quickly as possible. This requires me to dodge zombies the entire time. People talking on their phone, in their hand, no headset or it’s on speaker. Other idiots just not paying attention to lanes, traffic flow, etc. Just mindless mother fuckers. From ingress to egress is 10 minutes, maybe 15 minutes if I have to wait for a register or dodge a whole bunch of idiots. I’ll get lucky one week out of the month and it’s completely dead so I can go slower, and check a few things out that normally I wouldn’t get the chance to. Speed is key though, and never going on a weekend or the day after a holiday. There are rules to this shit. Don’t follow them and you pay the price. You have to work around the herd. My local one, man I’ve driven or ridden past it on the weekends. Whole parking lot is full as shit, and I mean there are parking spots to rival a mall. Gas lines 10 deep. A fucking zoo.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
On the flip side, per the sign, if someone is pissed at you and shoves a cart into your vehicle, Costco is responsible.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's like you have to not only park waaay out in the south 40...but hope you can be up hill. Confused

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
On the flip side, per the sign, if someone is pissed at you and shoves a cart into your vehicle, Costco is responsible.

I'm quite sure your logic won't fly ..

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My wife and my sister shopped at the local grocery store here in Incline Village, NV. The two flatlanders let go of the loaded cart to fish for keys and in a flash off it went, headed downhill to Lake Tahoe. They chased it across the lot until it banged into the bed of an old pickup at the end of the lot. That woke up the Lab who was snoozing in the cab. He sat up and curiously watched as the two old ladies struggled with the loaded cart. If it hadn't hit the Lab's truck, it would have crashed into the front door of a bar & grill.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched one a-hole launch a cart in the general direction of the coral only to have it veer towards a car. I was able to trot and grab it at the last second. No embarrassment whatsoever. I should have rolled it back at his stupid ass. Guess I’m just an old fart.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would have been funny to watch.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm kind of disappointed she didn't fire back "AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, TOO!" when you dropped the "Bless your heart!". Sounded like a spunky ol' gal.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
quote:

I'm kind of disappointed she didn't fire back "AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, TOO!" when you dropped the "Bless your heart!". Sounded like a spunky ol' gal.
Not spunky at all. Entitled. Inconsiderate. Sullen. Lazy (the shopping cart corral was just a few steps away).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post