SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shout out to the person that let their grocery cart run into my truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shout out to the person that let their grocery cart run into my truck Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Legal beagle you and I have a different idea of spunky old gal. Your post sounds like you admire her behavior. Do you?

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
While walking across the parking lot have been known to take a cart that had just been emptied even before they had a chance to return to the cart park by saying that I would take care of it and sometimes to see the look of amazement on their faces as I walked towards store entrance. Once made the mistake of attempting to return a motorized handicap scooter that had been sitting in the bright summer sunlight and in a matter of a couple of seconds of time had a case of blistered butt cheecks. ................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you guys have trouble with shopping carts in parking lots, you'll have a coronary if you had to parallel park.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I too hate people who won’t return their carts. I don’t say anything though, the last thing I want to do is end up shooting someone over an argument that started because of a shopping cart.

I did make an exception one time when I saw a lady shoving her cart in between a pole and the fire exit doors at Costco which would have kept both doors from being opened from the inside. I kind of flew off the handle at her, very loudly letting her know that her selfish, self-centered laziness could potentially cause the death of a huge number of people.

Then as I walked towards the store I found the next set of fire doors blocked in the same way that lady was trying to do. I removed the carts, informed store management, costco corporate and called the fire marshal.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Pale Horse -- which Costco location is that?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Pale Horse -- which Costco location is that?

This was up in Kennesaw GA from back when I lived around there.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Costco... Gas lines 10 deep...

I never understood this. Save ten cents a gallon, so maybe $2 if I’m sucking fumes. In order to do this I sacrifice thirty minutes of my time.

If someone offers you $4/hour to sit and waste your time, would you do it? Hell no. So I never understood the people who will sacrifice valuable time for sitting in line to save $2 when filling up their $50k automobile.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone offers you $4/hour to sit and waste your time, would you do it? Hell no. So I never understood the people who will sacrifice valuable time for sitting in line to save $2 when filling up their $50k automobile.

^^^^^^^^^^
Some people would sit and waste time for a buck per hour. It is how you look at things. I happen to value my time.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

I never understood this. Save ten cents a gallon, so maybe $2 if I’m sucking fumes. In order to do this I sacrifice thirty minutes of my time.

You say that you never understood this, so let me help you understand.
  1. Around here, the difference is closer to thirty cents / gallon than it is to ten cents, so filling my truck at Costco saves me around ten bucks.

2. My wait is normally less than ten minutes, not thirty minutes. Taking this together with the preceding point, my "pay" rate is at least $60.00 / hour. But wait, if I go to Costco before 10:00 am or after 7:00 pm, there is usually no wait at all, just drive up to the pump and start fueling with that top tier stuff.

3. At the Costco pumps, people fuel and get out of there. There are no unattended cars sitting there and blocking access to the pumps, because there is no stop-and-rob store for people to go in and buy lottery tickets, cigarettes, etc. By the same token, the odds of encountering shady type people are much lower at a Costco gas line, than at a gas station / convenience store. In addition, there is always a Costco staff guy (never seen one of the gals out at the pump area) keeping order, and available to render assistance as needed, including helping elderly or handicapped customers.

4. On the rare occasions that I do go during the busier times, say between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm, the wait time is not useless. I can do productive stuff like respond to business email, hunt down needed supplies from online vendors, etc. I'm not sitting there with my thumb in my ear, wasting time, I'm doing something that needs to be done, whether the venue is the gas line at Costco, or my desk at work.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post