Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'd be calling them back and saying I didn't order a defective mount either, but here we are.

Baring that, maybe challenge with the credit card, just in principle

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That sucks - I have dealt with their C/S twice (I snapped a screw - my fault for the wrong torque setting, and a defective locking lever on an aim point mount) and they sent me replacements on the house quickly.

And I'd be calling for a full fracking refund.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A few days later they refund me, but I notice its less the cost of the original shipping. I reach out again, and I'm told its because I returned the optic rather than asking for a replacement. In short, they didnt honor their discount code, then mailed me a defective mount, then didnt refund me the full cost.

Do not reach out. Sorry pet peeve. Politely state what they have done and explain if you are not refunded shipping you will not do business with them again. The choice is yours. I run a business and when I am approached this way make it right for the customer. You might mention that they could throw in a coupon for future purchases.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If you charged it to your credit card, I would call and say you returned the defective part and negate the original charge.

Let the company work to get the partial credit they gave you. If the credit card company asks for more details, just explain them the situation. I don't think you should pay for receiving defective merchandise.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post