SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sometimes, being an adult is a pain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes, being an adult is a pain Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

Yamaha issued a recall for a minor issue with the handlebar mounts on my bike.

I called the dealer last week and made an appointment for the recall. I specifically asked if they had the parts on hand or on order. I was given a date and a time and assured that they would order the parts.

Showed up this morning.

"Hi. Who are you? What appointment? Parts? What parts?"

I thought the kid on the phone sounded a little sketchy but I put it down to me being a crabby old man. Turns out, he didn't write anything down and didn't tell anybody.

So I pizzed away two hours, froze my tuches off riding up there, got nothing done and get to wait until they call me to say the parts are in.

I maintained my cool and I'll wait to see what they do to make this right, but I ain't holding my breath.

Meanwhile, I'll meditate on just how much of a dick I want to be if they fart me off.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have learned, the hard way, to always ask "Who am I speaking with?"

I get the name, jot it down along with the date and time, and if they fuck up, I have facts for the discussion with management that will surely follow.

I never ask to speak with the miscreant's direct supervisor. I want to deal with the Big Kahuna, the Top Dog. the Main (Wo)Man, and let them know about the fuckup. Shit rolls downhill.

The kid STOLE two hours of your life. You're not going to get that back. They need to do something for you.

If the incompetent putz did it to you, who knows how many other customers received the same treatment? Top management needs to know that their customer base, without whom they will not survive as a business, is not being treated properly. Employee training is clearly needed here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well he didn't steal the whole two hours, PH got a ride in so ya can't count that as a negative... Big Grin

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Well he didn't steal the whole two hours, PH got a ride in so ya can't count that as a negative... Big Grin

Borderline true, but the ride up was effing COLD. Ride back was pleasant tho. I'll give him half-credit for that.

Seems appropriate for a half-wit.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Borderline true, but the ride up was effing COLD. Ride back was pleasant tho. I'll give him half-credit for that.

You're dealing with the situation with much better humor than I would. Either you're a really easy-going guy or I am a really grouchy old bastard.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Um... YOU?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You're dealing with the situation with much better humor than I would. Either you're a really easy-going guy or I am a really grouchy old bastard.

Couple of points:

1. It ain't over yet. If they don't treat me right on the rebound, I still remember how to deliver a Chewing, Ass, MilSpec, CPO Version, 1 each.

2. The fuckstick that caused the problem wasn't there, I was talking to the regular Service Writer and he was appropriately apologetic. I suspect the responsible douche nozzle will receive a watered-down, millenial-appropriate civilian version of Item 1, Above, from his supervisor.

posted Hide Post
Local Harley Davidson service department pulled that shit on me, twice. Each time I got a $100 gift card from the head honcho at the dealership.

Never had that problem with local BMW and Honda motorcycle shops. Guess they don't hire stupid kids.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Um... YOU?
Yeah, me. You gotta problem wit dat?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, er, um, NO... of COURSE not...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Without defeat, you cant truly appreciate victory Razz

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul
... I still remember how to deliver a Chewing, Ass, MilSpec, CPO Version, 1 each.

Ahh yes, been on the receiving end of one or two of those...MMCS (SW) Jerry Hudson learned me up pretty well as "his" Ensign way back in the day!

Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!

Posts: 62 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like my local shop, they always give you the run around when it comes to getting something fixed

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post