SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Saying good-bye to the family dog
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saying good-bye to the family dog Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. Very painful time, as many of us know.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry. One of the hardest things in life to go through. Prayers sent your way.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Losing one is never easy. Lost my "baby girl" after having her for twelve and a half years, she was the one that came to us after I swore "never again, the pain of loss is too much".

Take solace that you shared your life and loved your canine companion. They are not just dogs but family.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Brought my last dog a piece of pizza on her last day. We would always share every piece. She would never beg, never bother anybody at the table but always new I would share my pizza with her. She would "guard" the oven when I cooked pizza or always meet the delivery guy with a tail wag.

I knew that when it was her time by god she and I would have one last piece of pizza. Breaks my heart and tears me up to this day.

So yes it sucks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speedbird,

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our oldest "Grey" in January to bone cancer and were just devastated. We knew it was coming, but it is never easy. We are now left with 2 greyhounds. They are truly amazing dogs, and are so appreciative of their retirements with those who have rescued them. Be thankful for the time you had and know he could not have had a better home.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, I hate the threads but I have to open them, that is the least I can do for the family. As much as it hurts I have to say I understand. Our pets make our homes whole.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post