SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Saying good-bye to the family dog
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saying good-bye to the family dog Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted
It sucks so bad. Their life is short, but damn they live it to the fullest. This was me and our retired racing greyhound running on the beach

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Great dogs, they can go zero to 40mph+ in less than three steps...

Then they sleep for 18 hours or so...

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My condolences, they are wonderful animals and have full rights to the saying "Man's best friend".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
They are the gift that keeps on taking care of us.

The pain of losing them, never goes away but they make everyday just that much better, and I am sorry for your loss.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i am so sorry i feel the same way i had to put down a dog not long ago my heart breaks when i think of all my past buddies. Iam back in the saddle again with a new dog just turned a year old you forget what's it like to have a puppy its work lol

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss of a family member. It hurts so much that nothing seems to relieve the grief. When the time is right, find another pup. Not to replace him but because you obviously have a lot of love to give.

When I die I want to go to The Rainbow Bridge with our previous two pound pups and three Rotties. I like dogs more than I like (most) people.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lingham
posted Hide Post
About a year ago I had to have my 15 year old JRT put down because he had canine dementia. He was always a very loving companion and was never aggressive. We nursed him along for as long as we could but when he bit our grandson, whom he loved to play with, we decided it was time. We had the Vet com to our house and I held him in my arms while the deed was done. We looked into each others eyes as he passed. I cried like a baby. As I write this tears are flowing from my eyes. I think of him often even though we have moved on and have rescued another angle. I truly feel your pain.

GOD, Family, Country

Posts: 35 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Like the others I feel for you-takes a lot of courage to help your best friend pass. The unconditional love is truly spiritual; something special. Remember your dog fondly/warmly.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.....they just don't stay long enough in my opinion.....have had to say goodbye to many of our own too, and it never gets easier. I think back on all the personalities we were fortunate to have experienced and loved. Each one was special and very loved. May you find peace...

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn that sucks man. The older I get the harder it seems to be to have to put down a companion.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Bud & Wendy will be waiting for your greyhound on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Pets truly become a member of the family and get inside your heart.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup. I'm sorry for your loss but he looks like he was spoiled.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry,

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. We have one preparing for the bridge.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
They are the gift that keeps on taking care of us.

The pain of losing them, never goes away but they make everyday just that much better, and I am sorry for your loss.

Well said! Better than I could.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.
It is so sad to say good bye to a loved family member..

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Deeply sorry for your loss. These threads really yank at my heart strings. We know the loss all too well. Mine will always be remembered Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Awesome dogs. It's always so hard to let go.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post