SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    $2K & $3K Glocks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$2K & $3K Glocks Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I just don't get it. All that custom work on a glock. When for that kind of money they could get a X5 or something really, really nice.

To each their own. But dang these companies thing highly of their stippled, etched, CNC slide lightened, uber tactical glocks.

I get it. Machine time is expensive. But why?!... A Glock?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't get it either, but it's hard to argue about the customization capability of the platform or the availability of aftermarket parts.

It's the AR-15 of handguns, you could build one with no Glock OEM parts.

Not my cup of tea, but then again I don't need an X5 either. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same people put mag wheels on Pintos.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Variety
it's the spice of life

I can't see my self purchasing a glock w/o customizing it.

If If Mark Moneymaker is pulling in 3 grand before lunch , every day, who cares what he blows it on ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My money is safe. Razz Considering the beating a slide takes, it can't possibly be a good idea to take metal out of it.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I've seen several of these high dollar glocks. Haven't seen a reliable one, though.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least it's not a $3,000 Hi Point. Big Grin

Link
Yes, it's an old video, but still funny.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I've seen several of these high dollar glocks. Haven't seen a reliable one, though.

That's not a fair statement! I'm not a Glock fan at all, but I don't know if anyone can knock the reliability of them...

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:

That's not a fair statement! I'm not a Glock fan at all, but I don't know if anyone can knock the reliability of them...

Glock has built in tolerances just like any other firearm. Most of the custom work out there changes those tolerances. One or two small changes-the 25 cent trigger job, for example-has little effect. The trigger job, titanium parts, after market barrels, slide lightening and so on, changes lots of tolerances (tolerance stacking) which will, and does, make the gun unreliable. This is true for any firearm, not just Glocks.

1911's are an excellent example of this.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
quote:
quote:

Glock has built in tolerances just like any other firearm. Most of the custom work out there changes those tolerances. One or two small changes-the 25 cent trigger job, for example-has little effect. The trigger job, titanium parts, after market barrels, slide lightening and so on, changes lots of tolerances (tolerance stacking) which will, and does, make the gun unreliable. This is true for any firearm, not just Glocks.

1911's are an excellent example of this.

Yep, this. Every Glock I've ever seen go down hard had loads of custom work done on it.

May not be fair, but it is what it is. That is my experience running classes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am a glock fan. I own 59 of them. When people start cutting away metal and changing springs randomly, they quit being reliable.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am a glock fan. I own 59 of them.

That's a lot of Glocks, brother! Smile

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a range sighting in my rmr on my .22 pistol and there was a guy next to me with his uber expensive racing Glock with fancy slide, fancy rmr, magwell, extended mags, etc. It wouldn't fire more than two or three times before he had to clear it and start over. And he was using factory ammo, not his reloads because this range makes us use new American Eagle stuff

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike S:
quote:
I am a glock fan. I own 59 of them.
That's a lot of Glocks, brother! Smile
Any reasonable person knows that you have to stop someplace, and clearly, 60 would be too many. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I had a Zev glock 17, RMR, x300, magwell, stippling etc. a friend built it, I think the total cost was 2500-3000, he gave it to me for 1300 with the agreement I give him first right of refusal if I sell it(which is the only reason I bought it), a red dot on a handgun didn't do it for me.. I'd have needed to put 10k rounds through it I bet to get proficient with it and who knows what would happen to my abilities with regular pistol sights?

I ended up selling it back to him and he carries it daily. It did look cool though

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am a glock fan. I own 59 of them. When people start cutting away metal and changing springs randomly, they quit being reliable.

jesus, do you have a pic of your collection? That's insane

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hate glocks, but I love pictures of lots of guns, please do post if you have one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hate glocks, but I love pictures of lots of guns, please do post if you have one.

Who knows with that dude. He had a Barrett that he forgot about, until I brought it up to him one day. His gun safe is probably about the same size as my house.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I don't have a picture but I should probably do it. Maybe this weekend. It it nice to dig around in the safes and find guns you forgot you bought. It's like Christmas.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok I apologize I thought he was talking about the reliability of Glock in general. I would agree that as people customize them to the point where nothing is stock anymore on the gun then the reliability greatly diminishes.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post