SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Spineless management and lazy employees
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spineless management and lazy employees Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
This combination ruins so many places. I spent half my night trying to get both to do their damn jobs and didn’t accomplish a damn thing. *banging head against the wall* Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Word.

After 50 years and many iterations, I tapped out.

Fuck them all.

Time to take care of you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
One of my biggest challenges has been finding ways to motivate lazy employees without ending up in HR.

So far it's worked, but it can take a lot of time to get something rolling. And in the meantime you can't talk about whatever you are doing in the background to the other employees, so they all think you're...Spineless management...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I've been there too. It didn't go over well when they asked me about my production numbers.

"My boss doesn't give a shit. My co-workers don't give a shit. Guess what?"

I didn't stay there long after that. Seems like the truth hurts more than piss poor craftsmanship or not meeting major objectives.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky. I studied the manuals and implemented corrective actions. It took some work, but never failed. And that was civil service.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't stay there long after that. Seems like the truth hurts more than piss poor craftsmanship or not meeting major objectives.[/QUOTE]

So very true

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The 1st rule of management is to deny that there is a problem.

If there is no problem, there is nothing to be dealt with and done.

Management doesn’t want to deal with problems because to do so requires decisions to be made and actions taken, and if they’re wrong then the next layer up in management gets upset and may have to deal with your mistake.

That’s not good, so now go refer to my first sentence.

It’s that simple.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I love this theory by management.

Employees get ticked off at mgmt because there is a poor performer. Management is made aware. Time goes by. Then workerbees question mgmt about if any action is being taken against the poor performer. Mgmt tells workerbees that mgmt can't discuss. But then behind closed doors, mgmt talks to each other complaining about the workerbees saying.....they don't know what we are working on to address the poor performer.

When reality......mgmt DENIES THERE IS A PROBLEMS. Love it!! Supports what OKCGene wrote.

I say do what I did in state government. In 5 years I fired 4 people. All for non performance. DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
We've had that problem here for 32+ years.

Management prefers to think of itself as 'caring, OK, softhearted/softheaded' rather than ' spineless.'
Same shit, other side of the window, though.

Management wonders why Leemur/other posters isn't/aren't running his/their own business(es) in near-perfection, rather than continuing to suffer.

Posts: 15842 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post